DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens hood

shizack2000

Reactions
Are those lens/gimbal hoods any good? If not for light flares, will they ostensibly protect the camera works in a mild crash?
If they are worthy, is any brand considered better than others?
Thanks.

Might pay to mention your model drone, some hoods cover more / work better than others from what I've seen here.

I've never had one, but my take on them is yes they may protect from impact in the event of a crash, and with a minor impact one could make a difference.
Most damage in all but a minor incident would be the g-shock received though, and a hood would not help much.

They will reduce les flare a little from angles they protect from.

I've seen post here that have noted when turning, pitching etc, the edges of some model hoods can be seen briefly, and to fix requires a little (dremel or such) sanding down.

The gimbal is certainly 'out there' as it is on most drones.
Googled Mini SE lens hood, clicked images, quite a few design options.
LINK

Pygtech looks quite good to me, if you had any capture issues when turning / pitching, or in sports mode, then a little trim would likely solve that easily.

I guess they are cheap enough for a little extra peace of mind.

Are those lens/gimbal hoods any good? If not for light flares, will they ostensibly protect the camera works in a mild crash?
If they are worthy, is any brand considered better than others?
Thanks.
Will not protect the camera or gimbal , but After having images ruined by flare on a shoot in Dunoon I now always fly with a Len’s hood on my 4 drones, and have had no problems since starting to use them, they are as cheap as chips don’t weight much do why not try and see for yourself, cheers Len

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom