DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Life Limited Parts on the Mavic 2 Aircraft

LowCountryFlyer

Reactions
This Thread makes me a little interested in the subject. I have already posed the question to DJI Customer service and they don't have any recommendations available. But propellers as well as batteries are the first items which come to mind for having a limited life.

One might just do a propeller change ever 25-50 flight hours as a precautionary measure (a $20 set of props vs a $1500 drone make this an enticing proposition for preventative maintenance). Li-Po batteries typically can do about 700-1000 charge cycles before replacement is needed and, with proper care, will probably outlast your drone's realistic service life (the time between now and your upgrade to a newer, more advanced aircraft). Motors will probably depend on how extreme or harsh of an environment the aircraft routinely operates in.

Any thoughts?

Parts don't last forever and DJI warranty period is certainly interesting..

E.g 0 warranty on props, motors/gimbal 6months etc

Some are superstitious and replace props after so many flights, others still fly with their original props. Sure you could always develop fatigue in the part but conversely you could be replacing an otherwise perfectly working part with a part detective from the manufacturer.

Your best bet would be preflight inspections rather than indiscriminately replacing parts at some random interval.

Great topic.
It is amazing how well these brushless outrunner motors hold up.
Possibly could outlast the drone.
Must have ceramic bearings of some sort.
What is the cost of a new motor?

Reactions: kilomikebravo
I heard the airframe is only good for 60,000 flighthours. Lol.

I have 151hrs and 6400km on my M2P. The mechanicals are very solid and reliable.

I don't think any DJI battery goes 700-1000 cycles. Props wear out at the pivots and should be changed when they get loose.

Parts don't last forever and DJI warranty period is certainly interesting..

Sure you could always develop fatigue in the part but conversely you could be replacing an otherwise perfectly working part with a part detective from the manufacturer.

Your best bet would be preflight inspections rather than indiscriminately replacing parts at some random interval.
I was once burned by the “bathtub curve of reliability.” (Luckily not drone related). If you graph the probability of failure after replacing a part, the probability is high initially, but drops very fast to a low level, where it remains as time goes by, but it begins to climb gradually after enough time has elapsed. This traces out a profile similar to a bathtub. Always good to remember!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78