DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lighting for the MM

IS3

Reactions
Has anyone found rechargeable, bright lights for the mini?
It's very difficult to see and tell which direction it is facing under most lighting conditions...

Reactions: kcfyrproof
I like tjis one...
It's very difficult to see and tell which direction it is facing under most lighting conditions...
I like...

The Firehouse Technology (FHT) Dual would be best bang for buck output for size / weight of all the strobes.
You can have set to strobe (2hrs runtime), flash (faster pulse), or solid (on all the time).
I use one in my Spark when using that (also on my bike for commuting), and the FHT ARCII on my M1P.
Search here on the forums for many strobe threads previously.

Adjustments.JPG

Very small postage stamp size and 4gms from memory, 2 high intensity cree leds.

I'm using the snap adapter believe it or not. Now, I've only used it at night and in twilight and it seems to work pretty well under those lighting conditions. But it's cheap and easily installed and removed. Here's a video I made for my own entertainment and to play around with video editing that shows the snap adapter in use as a strobe.

Strobon Cree's (white is the brightest) placed on the rear arms facing backwards, they give an indication of the drone orientation.
If you want a lighter setup you can just use double sided tape or Velcro instead of the 3d printed mounts.

dji strobon mounts - Copy.jpg

The led's that attach on top of the drone don't help with it's orientation and when it's up in the air it could be shielded by the AC body from the ground view.
Mounting the led's underneath could affect the VPS (visual positioning system), so arm mounting is recommended

Reactions: pelagic_one
Strobon Cree's (white is the brightest) placed on the rear arms facing backwards, they give an indication of the drone orientation.
If you want a lighter setup you can just use double sided tape or Velcro instead of the 3d printed mounts.

View attachment 91496

The led's that attach on top of the drone don't help with it's orientation and when it's up in the air it could be shielded by the AC body from the ground view.
Mounting the led's underneath could affect the VPS (visual positioning system), so arm mounting is recommended
Where could I find those mounts?

Where could I find those mounts?

Learn how to use the orientation chart on DJI FLY. Once I have launched the drone, the app screen is all I will be looking at. The Mini does not have much power and the resistance to wind is just so so. Adding weight and wind-catching surfaces will just make things worst.

Let's recycle some bits, as these questions popped up before. Please read them as they contain a plethora of info that you can use.

Last edited:
I guess the better question is where can I find files to 3D print these myself. ;)

Reactions: Thanev
Use your "google fu" with the rights keywords like "mavic mini" strobe holder STL Thumbswayup

Reactions: netsonic
....for the Pro...will it fit the mini? I dont have both so can't confirm...

the design will need to be modified. the MP arms much bigger

Waiting for my Ulanzi RGB strobe (MM accessories AliEx) to arrive on one of my China orders. White, red, green, super bright and only $17.01 shipped. And it looks professional with clean lines. 2 to 4 weeks depending on time of year. Holidays were tough, better now. Good luck in your search.

Con: 14g , ( others about 9-10g with 3D holders. )

Last edited:
I went as cheap as possible and got these from AliEx work great. Same specs, modes, and time as the more expensive ones. Only place I can find to mount it is on top though. Got it in 11 days from China. Red, green, white, On, strobe, rapid flash. $17.

Screenshot_2020-01-23-16-45-22.png20200123_172331.jpg20200123_172555.jpg20200123_172443.jpg

Reactions: toonz
Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998