DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lighting for the MM

Would there be enough room to mount more than one on the MM ?
I believe so depending on the location and any ad-on landing gear... will get you measurements. And also in flight day and night pics.
Maybe @Aerial-Pixel will chime in.
Here’s just an unboxing video... think he does measurements if you’re in a hurry, but I will include them also.

Reactions: WooZie
Would there be enough room to mount more than one on the MM ?
The ARC XL's are pretty big for the Mavic Mini, I recommend the Firehouse Technology Dual for the Mini. Take a look at the chart below, you can see sizes and weights of all of them and how much bigger the XL is compared to the rest. The dual is the smallest and almost the lightest, but still very bright, a lot of bang-for-your-buck on that one.
Strobe Selection Guide.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
The ARC XL's are pretty big for the Mavic Mini, I recommend the Firehouse Technology Dual for the Mini. Take a look at the chart below, you can see sizes and weights of all of them and how much bigger the XL is compared to the rest. The dual is the smallest and almost the lightest, but still very bright, a lot of bang-for-your-buck on that one.
View attachment 91798

Does the AR XL have 5x the power output of the Strobon Cree ?

Does the Firehouse Dual Cree have 2x ?

Does the AR XL have 5x the power output of the Strobon Cree ?
Dunno... but it is much brighter than my ARC2s... Read that so about 20%.
Part of my testing will be to go into the remote AZ desert to check visibility. The lights come with a 2 page document describing the testing in detail and listing 3 miles visibility... much more than one really needs. Here’s the document from the package:
1284FFBD-60B6-40A6-82F7-7EFB0F527D9A.jpeg
ADC7AD5B-677F-443F-AFF7-F89D7203A909.jpeg

I'm using the snap adapter believe it or not. Now, I've only used it at night and in twilight and it seems to work pretty well under those lighting conditions. But it's cheap and easily installed and removed. Here's a video I made for my own entertainment and to play around with video editing that shows the snap adapter in use as a strobe.

Registered as a 250+g aircraft?

I recently tested out the ulanzi and was rather underwhelmed almost to the point I wonder if my one is faulty.

I recently tested out the ulanzi and was rather underwhelmed almost to the point I wonder if my one is faulty.
No the Ulanzi strobe is very dim, probably not even FAA compliant. Stick with anything from Firehouse Technology.

Here’s 3 vids of the ARC XLs in action at 1500 ft distance and not dark yet.
Unedited... sorry, that’s why there are 3 vids. Vids taken w/my iPhone XMax. No magnification.
Desert testing out to 3 miles will follow. in a separate thread. Thanks to our own @Aerial-Pixel for the mounts. These are on the arms. Next vid will be with the leg mounts which point directly at the camera, expect brighter then.

Just examples of VLOS potential

Reactions: netsonic
Unedited... sorry, that’s why there are 3 vids. Vids taken w/my iPhone XMax. No magnification.
Desert testing out to 3 miles will follow. in a separate thread. Thanks to our own @Aerial-Pixel for the mounts. These are on the arms. Next vid will be with the leg mounts which point directly at the camera, expect brighter then.

That's impressive.

Looks good Tom!

Thank you.I know what my next purchase will be now..

Apologies to all... rear and front titles reversed.. the red and green are on the front arms... going to fast. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Thanev
I'm using the snap adapter believe it or not. Now, I've only used it at night and in twilight and it seems to work pretty well under those lighting conditions. But it's cheap and easily installed and removed. Here's a video I made for my own entertainment and to play around with video editing that shows the snap adapter in use as a strobe.

Excellent video, and funny soundtrack! I've never heard of the "snap adapter"....will have to Google that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_