DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Likelihood of waypoints being enabled when Air 2S SDK is released?

If you always find it jerky with virtual sticks, just make a new video and post it here.
I dont have the air 2 now ! i have the air 2 s since april this year......i may dabble when the SDK appears as i have litchi dronelink and maven to play with .....šŸ˜‚ if you have the air 2 have a go see what you think.....

Like others, Iā€™m eagerly waiting for the Air 2S SDK release, and hoping that I can eventually use Litchi to enable waypoint-based flights with regular video (instead of only Hyperlapse mode). Iā€™d like to know your thoughts on the likelihood that such capability will be available once the SDK is released, considering that such capability is a value-add for the more premium models.
I agree with the postings here about jerky inputs. However, worst case seems to be a point of focus close to the track while the drone flys by and camera azimuth angle has to track it. High speed makes it tough too. On the other hand, 2-3 mph, or slower, with a focus point further out, perhaps even ahead along the flight path or behind, good enough results seem to be attainable. (Notice Iā€™m being very subjective here, your results will vary). If Iā€™m just taking still frames out of a video, itā€™s obviously not even going to be much of an issue either. I like Maven and Litchi, but my best and most ā€œcinematicā€ stuff, would be those brief moments where I get it just right by hand. Those programs are useful in the sense that they greatly enhance efficiency by flying directly where needed, shooting the shots and bada-boom, mission done. If someone is paying for a really good smooth job or youā€™re going for a certain look, you need that smooth hand.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I agree with the postings here about jerky inputs. However, worst case seems to be a point of focus close to the track while the drone flys by and camera azimuth angle has to track it. High speed makes it tough too. On the other hand, 2-3 mph, or slower, with a focus point further out, perhaps even ahead along the flight path or behind, good enough results seem to be attainable. (Notice Iā€™m being very subjective here, your results will vary). If Iā€™m just taking still frames out of a video, itā€™s obviously not even going to be much of an issue either. I like Maven and Litchi, but my best and most ā€œcinematicā€ stuff, would be those brief moments where I get it just right by hand. Those programs are useful in the sense that they greatly enhance efficiency by flying directly where needed, shooting the shots and bada-boom, mission done. If someone is paying for a really good smooth job or youā€™re going for a certain look, you need that smooth hand.
my thoughts exactly Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots