DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Linking issue. No connection between drone and RC

Airtony

Reactions
I have tried many things to solve the linking issue but no result yet. And I can't reset the drone to factory settings via DJI Assist app. I think the problem is in Mavic Air's software because it can't even switch the Wi-Fi mode on. Any suggestions, please?

Actually it was slightly crashed five months ago, but has been repaired and worked perfectly afterwards, 140 flights. No water landing.

How can I downgrade the software? Is there any link to the previous DJI Assistant for Mac?

Ok, thats important. After you turn it on, do you hear the Airs cooling fan blowing?

Here is what sometimes happens after a crash. If the cooling fan gets damaged, even if only 1 blade is cracked, it will make your fan less efficient. The core board needs every bit of wind that the fan blows out. If the core board doesnt get cooled down below 130° it will begin to overheat. An overheating core board can manifest itself in a variety of different ways. Video can freeze up 1-2 minutes into the flight, the drone can refuse to connect to the controller, or it can disconnect during a flight, and several other symptoms.

So thats what happens if 1 blade gets cracked, your core board can overheat and then you will lose video, and/or connection. An overheating core board can be a temporary condition, or it can easily be destroyed (thermaled) if it overheats. Then its trash.

So, in your case, check to see if the drones fan is blowing. Do you hear any grinding noises? That could be a broken fan blade. If you dont hear the fan come on at all after 2 minutes, do not turn the drone on again. Your core board is probably fried, but if you let the drone continue to overheat, it will destroy other components.

Reactions: Airtony
Thanks, mate! Will check it out.

1) The fan is working after turning on, about 10 seconds.
2) Then the fan is starting to blow after about one minute after turning on.
3) No noises, no sounds. Only the fan

Last edited: