DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi altitude discrepancy

ratjr15

Reactions
I have a mission I planned with 48 waypoints ranging from 0-50m and totaling 1.3km. When I returned to my homepoint, my altitude said i was at 8m when I was on the ground. ive watched the video several times trying to understand, but what could cause this? Would wind be enough?

What bird are flying?
Altitude comes from a barometer, 8m = 26ft seems like a lot. 1-2 meters I wouldn't be concerned.
Wouldn't be the wind.
You did start your bird at ground level?

Rod

I have a mission I planned with 48 waypoints ranging from 0-50m and totaling 1.3km. When I returned to my homepoint, my altitude said i was at 8m when I was on the ground. ive watched the video several times trying to understand, but what could cause this? Would wind be enough?

Yes, natural fluctuations in barometric pressure may result in this effect.
8m is a somewhat large discrepancy, but not unheard of, particularly if:
- You are flying very high / changing altitude frequently
- Flying as a storm or low-pressure front rolls in
- You live in an area around or below sea level
- The drone was launched in a different environment (e.g. inside) or was not given enough time to acclimate prior to takeoff

Reactions: RodPad
It may also be worth mentioning that the height derived from the Z-axis accelerometer takes precedence over the height determined by the barometer - so an IMU calibration may help.

Thanks for all of the replies! It's a Mavic Pro, it was a bit windy that day...I wasnt going esp high, 50m at highest. I'll try calibrating and see how it goes. TY for all of the help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31