DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and mission maps

HassoBoxhead

Reactions
Hi all,

I searched for this specific issue but wasn’t able to find it, hence this post. I planned a mission on Litchi using google maps at home on my Wunderphone. Went to the location to fly the mission and the waypoints loaded fine but no map, no matter what I tried.

Any thoughts on what I can try?

Thanx in advance for the help!!

First off , you posted 2 threads with the exact same title and content. One thread is sufficient.

Do you have Cellular Service in the location that you intended to fly? If not then the Maps could not be downloaded. They should have been cached to the device if you opened the Maps while connected to the internet. You can try and open Google Maps on the Wunda and navigate to the intended area of flight in hopes of caching the maps to the device.

First off , you posted 2 threads with the exact same title and content. One thread is sufficient.

Do you have Cellular Service in the location that you intended to fly? If not then the Maps could not be downloaded. They should have been cached to the device if you opened the Maps while connected to the internet. You can try and open Google Maps on the Wunda and navigate to the intended area of flight in hopes of caching the maps to the device.

I apologize for the dual post, wasn’t sure of the proper place and whether this was a Wunderphone issue or a Litchi issue.

Understand the cache aspect, just asking how I can ensure the maps are indeed cached on my Wunderphone before I leave to go fly. How does one verify that?

Thank again for the reply.

I apologize for the dual post, wasn’t sure of the proper place and whether this was a Wunderphone issue or a Litchi issue.

Understand the cache aspect, just asking how I can ensure the maps are indeed cached on my Wunderphone before I leave to go fly. How does one verify that?

Thank again for the reply.

Here is what I would do. Open the Maps application for your immediate area (home) then close all apps. Go outside and turn off your WiFi so you know that you are not connected to the internet. Then open the Lichti app and determine if indeed the maps have been cached for your LOCAL area. If you can see all the map data than one could assume that if one then reconnected to WiFi (Internet) and proceeded to cached the area they were planning to fly then those maps should also be present. There is limited cache area so its FIFO (first in first out) as far as being able to cache the maps for multiple areas.

Try it - Fly It! :)

Reactions: jag32266
My question to you,.."I planned a mission on Litchi using google maps at home"
Do you mean that you were in the Mission Hub?
The Hub has maps in it and anything created there, plus your cache (stated above msg) should be loaded after saving the mission.

Otherwise, by your post, it sounds as if you used Litchi in a manner I'm not familiar with,..

From the Lichti FAQ's

11. I won't have Internet access where I want to fly, will I still be able to see the maps?
If you cache the maps prior to the flight, you will be able to see them even when offline. To cache maps while connected to Internet, drag the map around where you are planning to fly, zoom in and zoom out. You can exit Litchi in between but avoid restarting the mobile device as it may clear the cache.

Ideally you would have the ability to select a map region and permanently save it, and be able to adjust cache size and manage the maps you have saved, delete maps, etc. I'm new to Litchi, but from what I've read you just have do the "scroll around the location you're going to be" method to have the map offline. I'm going on vacation and might not have internet the entire time (10 days) and am hoping that all the locations I've scrolled around and I plan on doing missions are still cached (15 different locations).

If anyone has more info on ability to even see what you have cached, what is going to be overwritten, etc...please let me know.

Reactions: Lespaxvera
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan