DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi: Gimbal going crazy in VR mode when signal gets week?!

spyro

Reactions
I use Litchi instead of DJI Go because DJI still didn't manage to integrate a simple VR mode for headsets (also, for some reason the gimbal is not able/allowed to turn left and right but only up and down).

So far, so good, aside from the high latency and choppy framerate, it's pretty usable. But: From time to time, the gimbal just wents absolutely crazy for no reason. Even if I hold my head perfectly still, the gimbal repeatedly wents up and down again (about 10 times in a row, maxing out the pitch axis in both directions) which completely destroys my orientation and just looks horrible.

I was only able to press the return-to-home button. After about 10 seconds everything worked normal again. Two days after, the same thing happened again - still no problem before and after.

WTF? Did anyone experience the same?

Firmware .500 by any chance? Litchi isn't compatible with it in immersive VR mode, also focus, track and follow I believe are broken.

If I were you I'd either roll back to the .400 firmware, or not use those modes until it's fixed

Hi there and thanks for your quick reply.
Yes, I've updated to the infamous 0.500, but it's not about Joystick-/Immersive mode, just about the "normal" headtracking (up/down). It works as expected most of the time so this is no generall issue, at least.

Ah I figured that immersive meant any head tracking at all.

So you're saying that full immersive mode means the aircraft yaws when you turn your head, and that gimbal head tracking up/down should be OK with the latest firmware and Litchi?

Reactions: JC1031
Hi, I've been researching this problem now for a couple of weeks and the immersive and head tracking arrested basically too dangerous to use with 0.500.
All we can do is go back to 400 or or simply wait and hope next update solves it

I've rolled back to 400 & the crazy gimbal up & down is still happening even with the VR goggles being rock steady :-(

Jesus, why isn't DJI just able to integrate VR in their own app. I'm so tired of all these issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78