DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi not working

bdethy

Reactions
Hi all. After buying and tested my mavic, I was not very happy with the waypoints option of DJI GO4. Then, I was very excited by the capabilities (as advertised) of the Litchi app and I bought it (25 €). Unfortunatly, it never worked properly :
- Connexion problems with the bird
- Very bad image transmisson to the android terminal
- Focus problems with the camera
- Within waypoints mission the camera cannot focus on the designated POI as it should but continuoulsy moves up and down.
- Cannot stop camera recording (the on/off buttons, on screen or on RC do not work)
I contacted Litchi support and they told me that my phone was not powerfull enough to run their app.
I have a mid range phone (Huawei Honor 6, bought in 2015, octocore processor 1,7 Mhz with 3 Go RAM, Android 4.4.4), it works perfectly with DJI GO4 app. Litchi support gave me a list of android terminals working with their app but no one costs less than 600€ ! If I understand, I have to buy a 600€ terminal to run a 25€ app [emoji2]. It is unacceptable that the phone power requirement is not mentionned in the app description on Google play.

One question to you guys happy with Litchi/android : what is your android phone ? I can buy a 250-350€ phone but I would like to be sure that Litchi will work ...
Thanks in adv.
Bruno

I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge, and it works great with Litchi. Since I started using it weeks ago, I haven't even loaded my DJI Go app at all, and haven't looked back. However, that's a tough pill to swallow to have to spend that kind of money to get it to work. You may want to look at a used iPad Mini, they'd probably be cheaper and less problematic, but I'd check requirements first for which one you'd need for Litchi.

Not sure what changed, but the last time I checked, Litchi ran ok on my old Moto G3 (maybe a month ago?). Panos took a long time and frequently timed out, but I didn't have any image or connection problems. Your phone sounds more than powerful enough, unless the recent updates suddenly increased the hardware demands.

LP

I think upgrading your phone after purchasing a $1000.00 + UAV would be an obvious decision of protecting your investment let alone operating a UAV with a sub standard cell phone,,,,, Litchi costs $25.00 US, 25 British pounds
is a bit too much to pay but it is what it is,,,, I use Litchi, Autopilot and DJI GS pro, Litchi is my go to app for autonomous waypoint flights with my Mavic and Inspire 2 and the only problem I have noticed recently with Litchi is actually not with the app itself but in Mission Hub while planning a mission on my iMac the individual waypoint editor isn't showing up when I tap an already assigned waypoint to change the telemetry. It works fine within the Mini iPad

And for what it's worth I wasn't flaming you on your choice of cell phone, just making an observation :)

I have a new Samsung S7 with latest Android and when I tried Litchi the other day I got a connection error. Couldn't get it to work at all.

Not sure what's wrong. I never used Litchi much but with my Inspire1 and an old samsung galaxy alpha it all worked fine at the time.

Litchi runs fine for me on two devices - Galaxy Note 4 and Acer Iconia 0ne 7 tablet.

I think the Acer would be the cheapest (around £100 in UK) but you need to ensure you are getting the version with the Mediatek processor. Apparently Litchi doesn't play well with Intel.

I had the same issues when I first started using Litchi in January with a Droid Maxx . Litchi told me the phone was the problem , especially the gimbal issue. I switched to my droid Turbo and have had no issues since .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13