DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live feed lag and tearing

kjross365

Reactions
Hello, I recently got a mini. I had a bunch of good flights on DJI fly and all of the sudden the live video started tearing and lagging at 200-500 feet. I have an iPhone 8 and fly in my driveway in a neighborhood. Does anyone have any tips to fix this?

Yes, tried yesterday in my driveway and it lagged and I had to press rth, then I went to an open hill top and it did the same thing. Could it just be the app overloading my phone?

Yes, tried yesterday in my driveway and it lagged and I had to press rth, then I went to an open hill top and it did the same thing. Could it just be the app overloading my phone?
Do you close all the other apps on your phone and set it to ignore incoming calls?

What App version? I put an early 1.2 on and almost straight away ran into connection probs. I took it off the phone an hour or so later and put 1.6 or 1.9 back on via an APK.

What App version? I put an early 1.2 on and almost straight away ran into connection probs. I took it off the phone an hour or so later and put 1.6 or 1.9 back on via an APK.
I am on 1.2.2 how do I get higher? I thought it was my crappy phone but I guess not

Ooops correct. 1.1.6. & 1.1.9 sorry. Try a roll back or a removal and reinstall of an earlier version and see. For safety's sake down load the flight logs to a computer just incase they get wiped from the phone in the process. Then you can always copy them back if needed

Try a roll back or a removal and reinstall of an earlier version and see.
He‘s using an iPhone so this isn’t an option for him.

For the OP, if using airplane mode makes things worse, the issue isn’t likely to be the Fly app. I’d be looking for a background app that’s trying to use local WiFi or 3/4G.

He‘s using an iPhone so this isn’t an option for him.

For the OP, if using airplane mode makes things worse, the issue isn’t likely to be the Fly app. I’d be looking for a background app that’s trying to use local WiFi or 3/4G.
I close all apps usually what else should I try?9

Ooops I am not doing very well in this thread, sorry. I am led to believe it was possibly for earlier apps, notably Go. and I did discover this page about dealing with preparartions of an iphone but it is quite old, how much is still relevant I do not know

Ooops I am not doing very well in this thread, sorry. I am led to believe it was possibly for earlier apps, notably Go. and I did discover this page about dealing with preparartions of an iphone but it is quite old, how much is still relevant I do not know

It’s a mavic mini 1 and I’m using DJI fly. I have an old iPhone 8 with Lte

for what it is worth, I am aware it is using the fly app but some of the preparations might still be relevant

I usually charge up to 70% turn off WiFi and Bluetooth, close all other apps then walk out to the road place the drone down and fly

I close all apps usually what else should I try?9
On your iPhone, go into Settings, General, Background App Refresh and turn it off temporarily. Try your drone again and see if it makes any difference. If it does, and you want any apps to refresh in the background, try turning them on one at a time to see which app (or apps) causes the issue.

On your iPhone, go into Settings, General, Background App Refresh and turn it off temporarily. Try your drone again and see if it makes any difference. If it does, and you want any apps to refresh in the background, try turning them on one at a time to see which app (or apps) causes the issue.
It is currently off. I think it’s just the weak processor inside iPhone 8’s

I think it’s just the weak processor inside iPhone 8’s
Before I bought my iPhone SE (2020) I used the original iPhone SE with my Mini and it worked flawlessly. The processor in the original SE was less capable than the one in your iPhone 8 so that’s unlikely to be the problem. The fact that it worked for you for a while also backs this up. Do you have any free storage space on your phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne