DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Local Fly Zone maps - free

SCK

Reactions
Non-Drone owner here (still kicking the tires). Is there a free resource where I can see what the "No Fly Zones" or limited fly zones are in my area (Alabama) I am about 15 miles from the nearest airport and 8 miles from a hospital with Heli pad. I would just like to be able to "study" a map to see if there are any other problem areas that I don't know about. Tack this up a research before getting into this so I really don't want to buy maps or programs at this point.

You could even use this app which has maps with no fly zones plus extras like weather/safe to fly & more. It’s a free app for iOS & android users but you can subscribe if needed.

It’s called UAV forecast: https://www.uavforecast.com/#/

Reactions: Slim.slamma
I you want to see the actual aeronatical charts for your area or anywhere on the planet for that matter you can have a look at www.skyvector.com.
You will need to understand the charts symbols etc but a pretty solid source to understand the air space you are thinking about. Specifically you can see there DROTAMS which are specific details to airmen defining UAS operating areas. You can enable these to show on the charts along with a ton of other data like FAA, GOV, HOMELAND SECURITY, etc restrictions for any researched area.
Mikemoose55

Last edited: