DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lockdown in Cape Town

Very nice; as for legality, doesn't legality in any language apply from 6:00am to 9:00pm? And don't exceed the statutory altitude (so says a microlight pilot) ;)

I stayed within the 120m altitude limit that comes with the stock setup. The shots you see that appear extremely high are actually taken at less then 40m from a hill. I have checked with a few professional flyers as to regulation. It is inconsistent and appears to be solely enforced around professional application.

Lovely shots though.

No whales? Get yourself down to Moullie point or Three Anchor Bay and you can get shots of the whales coming in to scratch themselves on the reef that runs out for about 200 metres. The Shell petrol station, if it is still there, at the traffic lights at 3 Anchor Basy is where we had our kayak shop. The club had the boathouse in the cove down the underpass from the car park opposite. Tracey still runs coastal kayak trips from there. This about the time of year they will come in close, usually early morning. You will see them breaching in the bay only 1/2 mile out. Plenty of fur seals and penguin rafts too. My cousin had the indigenous plant nursery out on the Cape Point road, near Scarborough. He planted the hill under the cable car after the fire, but the authorities wouldn't do anything about keeping the dazzies out, so he did quite well replanting it after they ate the lot!

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Been stuck in Cape Town for almost 6 months, given that the border was closed. Didn't have my Mavic Pro with me, so decided to buy the new Air 2. Apologies for the sub-standard editing. Was using windows Photo Editor. 2 Weekends of flying:
Hi GhostProphet,
what a fantastic region man! I enjoyed very much your video. It´s very well shot, compliments! Question: Why you didn´t load it up in 4k?
Cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC