DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long island

I was in Garden City a little while ago and was going to Jones, but weather isn't cool at all

I'm very excited for you. I've had mine almost a month and really love it. It handles great.
I'm in Dix Hills. If you have any questions or want to fly together sometimes let me know
Neal

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Hi Neal Steve here wow bad weather for flying I miss it. I'm in Glen Cove maybe meet in future to fly together

I find it extremely hard to find anywhere to safely fly my drone hassle free on Long Island. Cant do any state parks, can't do county parks, can't do beaches. Right now i am limited to my back yard and even there, i feel un-easy. BTW, I am in East Northport with a Mavic. Someone tell me where I can fly...... Lets meet up.

I find it extremely hard to find anywhere to safely fly my drone hassle free on Long Island. Cant do any state parks, can't do county parks, can't do beaches. Right now i am limited to my back yard and even there, i feel un-easy. BTW, I am in East Northport with a Mavic. Someone tell me where I can fly...... Lets meet up.

Hi Steve,
Actually you can go to almost any beach on LI this time of year and no one will bother you.
There are many athletic fields that aren’t be used during the week.
I find if you go to secluded areas or at least off the side where there aren’t many people and you follow the basic safety rules, most people won’t bother you.
I sometimes see a potentially beautiful scenic area, LI has many, I pop up the Mav and fly for 10 minutes and leave before anybody comes by. I’ve have over 100 videos in my collection.
If you want discuss more, my email is [email protected].
Neal

Reactions: Yoda007
I am in Herricks and just got my Mavic over BF. I went to Corona park in Queens as that was the only approved place I was able to find to fly. I am thinking about going to North Hempstead Beach park early morning to see if I can fly over there without annoying people or getting in trouble.

I am in Herricks and just got my Mavic over BF. I went to Corona park in Queens as that was the only approved place I was able to find to fly. I am thinking about going to North Hempstead Beach park early morning to see if I can fly over there without annoying people or getting in trouble.

Great photo
I was there in the summer and got some beautiful video.
Where did you take off in the park. I asked many people there but no one knew where the authorized area was.
I was amazed that they allow us to fly so close to a major airport like La Guardia. It was a was awesome and frightening
watching the big planes fly overhead.

Here is the flying field. The good things about this is that it is approved location for flying hobby aircrafts, parking is right along the field. I have been there only once.

37e021b03ae8800809fd0664c2d862a7.jpg

Last edited:
If the weather cooperates I am planning to be there on coming weekend.

Last two times I have been out with Mavic it was a cloudy weather which produces lackluster videos. Also, I am new and learning how to use camera controls.

If the weather cooperates I am planning to be there on coming weekend.

Last two times I have been out with Mavic it was a cloudy weather which produces lackluster videos. Also, I am new and learning how to use camera controls.

Enjoy. You can adjust your exposure on cloudy days and change it in post using the editing software such as IMovie etc.

Thanks, yeah playing with those settings. My DJI phone hood arrived which will help see how the camera sees.

Anyone visit tanner park in copiague? Just went there for my first drone flight with the mavic pro. No issues

Reactions: coop64
There is an aerodrome field in Cedar Creek Park in Seaford, but they dont allow "drones". You can fly an RC helicopter or plane but no "drones".
That doesnt seem right. It is public property. I passed the FAA safety course, my Mavic is registered with the FAA, I am an AMA member...

Cedar Creek Park | Nassau County, NY - Official Website

I totally agree with you! And that is disgusting because we are all in that same class and being a member of the AMA should totally give you the right to fly on one of those fields!

According to Nassau County website you need Academy of Aeronautics Card to fly. Is it same as AMA membership, if so you should be able to fly as per this page.

Here is the extract;
“Other Activities:

There is a regulation-sized archery range open to the public, dawn to sunset seven days a week, year round. Archers must bring their own equipment, and varies from 25 yards to 100 yards in length.
An aerodrome field designed for radio-controlled model airplane hobbyist is available and regularly hosts model-aircraft shows. An “Academy of Aeronautics” card is required for a permit (call 571-7470).
Entrance to Bicycle Path to Jones Beach & Tobay Beach.”

https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/2792/Cedar-Creek-Park

Hi, I’m a new Mavic Flyer on Long Island, Suffolk County. I share my images on Instagram as wowography.
A few of us after accidentally running into each other shooting the frozen Great South Bay. Thought it might be cool to have an Instagram group, where you can see what others are up to or planning on doing. We have 6 in the group with various skill sets, hoping to keep it small and engaging. LI.Drone.Dudes

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e