DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long island

I typically fly with 4 other LI locals. We just did a Montauk Lighthouse Sunrise. It was great having the place to ourselves. It was brutally cold and windy, our Mavic’s performed perfectly.
If you use Instagram we have an IG group chat that we use and a text group to see who’s doing what etc.

Reactions: Yoda007
I'm in Suffolk County and was going to take my Mavic somewhere for its maiden voyage yesterday afternoon after getting it insured by SF but rainy weather got in the way. Same for today. Hoping for favorable weather next weekend....

I'm in Suffolk County and was going to take my Mavic somewhere for its maiden voyage yesterday afternoon after getting it insured by SF but rainy weather got in the way. Same for today. Hoping for favorable weather next weekend....
I feel your pain man! I did get a little in down in Sayville at Land's End in the morning

I have my MPP about 90 days. In that time, I’ve accumulated 5 hours of flight logs. Dang weekend weather has been so unaccommodating. My flights have been mostly short hops over Sunken Meadow, Robert Moses, Fire Island, Montauk Lighthouse, Huntington Lighthouse, Northport Harbor, Great South Bay... a few others. Longest flight was about 2 miles. All good stuff photography wise. As for the piloting, I find flying is both a fun and unsettling experience.
Specifically, flying from the phone while not being able to see the aircraft VLOS puts a real strain on confidence building. [emoji4] Much more flying time needed.

instagram.com/wowography

Last edited:
I have my MPP about 90 days. In that time, I’ve accumulated 5 hours of flight logs. Dang weekend weather has been so unaccommodating. My flights have been mostly short hops over Sunken Meadow, Robert Moses, Fire Island, Montauk Lighthouse, Huntington Lighthouse, Northport Harbor, Great South Bay... a few others. Longest flight was about 2 miles. All good stuff photography wise. As for the piloting, I find flying is both a fun and unsettling experience.
Specifically, flying from the phone while not being able to see the aircraft VLOS puts a real strain on confidence building. [emoji4] Much more flying time needed.

instagram.com/wowography
I've seen some of your shots and they're pretty wild! You got some good stuff there!

hello Long Islanders... Suffolk Country (Farmingville) here... I bought a MP from Microcenter about a week ago (also own a spark, traxxas aton, and a few others) Always looking for a place and people to fly with

hello Long Islanders... Suffolk Country (Farmingville) here... I bought a MP from Microcenter about a week ago (also own a spark, traxxas aton, and a few others) Always looking for a place and people to fly with

Welcome....I am still awaiting the opportunity to embark upon my maiden voyage. With the "Bomb Cyclone" on the horizon, doesn't look like it's gonna happen this weekend. I too have been trying to scout out places in Suffolk County to fly without getting hassled.

Reactions: LIMavicPilot
I flew here a few times with my spark without issue... I don't believe I would try during the busy summer months but in the winter its a ghost town.

Attachments

• Sketch.png
    Sketch.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 33
I flew here a few times with my spark without issue... I don't believe I would try during the busy summer months but in the winter its a ghost town.
That does look like a good spot fly except for that part where it says Nature Preserve LOL some people get fanatical about that type of thing. But I'm going to possibly put that on my map to try before the warm weather.

Visiting Edgewood, NY (on Long Island) in a couple weeks and wanted to see if there are any good flying sites (or any no-nos); won't be there long but would love to take advantage of not being <5 miles from an airport!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31