DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long island

I am a new Mavic owner in Brooklyn. Would love to fly with more than just myself. Anyone planning any meetups?

The new Domino Park along the Williamsburg Brooklyn waterfront was great yesterday. Just saw this tho :/ maybe next time. Like next weekend? I need to go back to the new park in LiC for some shots since my battery died. Almost bought a new one today but didn’t really want to part with $90

Here is the flying field. The good things about this is that it is approved location for flying hobby aircrafts, parking is right along the field. I have been there only once.

37e021b03ae8800809fd0664c2d862a7.jpg

Yeppers! There she be! The promise land! Lol

:)

What bothers me is the lame “noise” excuse. Have these sat outside in summer when landscapers are working? How come leaf blowers are not banned yet?

Nobody seams to be disturbed by off-roads, quads, dirt bikes, speedboats in the parks. All of them use "FPV-like" cameras!!! Beside, all this vehicles are more noisy, dangerous, they scaring wild life, destroying and polluting.

I fly in Eisenhower all the time. Just be mindful of the people and you should have no problems.

Also, be careful and pay attention to the Helicopters that land and lift off from NUMC. They leave the hospital at well under 500 feet sometimes.

Hi I’m new to flying and live near by Eisenhower. Where in Eisenhower Park I can safely fly and do you have to ask the Park Office for permission to fly at Eisenhower Park?

Last edited:
The new Domino Park along the Williamsburg Brooklyn waterfront was great yesterday. Just saw this tho :/ maybe next time. Like next weekend? I need to go back to the new park in LiC for some shots since my battery died. Almost bought a new one today but didn’t really want to part with $90

you’ve had no problem flying there? i’m super new and just got my drone so i haven’t gone anywhere but an open empty field.

Guys - which are some of the best places in Glen cove or the north shore in Nassau/western Suffolk to fly a drone. I've heard morgan memorial park and Welwyn Preserve but are you permitted to fly a drone in those places? If you have some specific places that'll be helpful

Guys - which are some of the best places in Glen cove or the north shore in Nassau/western Suffolk to fly a drone. I've heard morgan memorial park and Welwyn Preserve but are you permitted to fly a drone in those places? If you have some specific places that'll be helpful
I've flown at West Meadow Beach and Sunken Meadow :) Just make sure to go early in the morning when no one is around

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000