DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking For Tips.

TheRaven

Reactions
I'm currently in the decision making process on my drone setup, and at this point my mind is pretty much set on the Mavic Pro. I've got a location with 150 square kilometers of almost flat land next to a lake, I'm looking to use as much of that airspace as possible. I'm looking for a good ground station to really maximize signal quality and range, but since I'm planning on exploring more of Canada I want it to be easy to throw in the car and take anywhere. I'm sure the standard transmitter would be good enough for my usage, but I have a real weakness for awesome ground stations. I've seen some amazing cases online with amplified antennas and the ability to charge all of your batteries at once, but I don't really know if I need it. i do plan on having at least 2 viewers so I want a large enough screen to share the view. And I honestly don't even know if the Mavic Pro is the best drone for my situation, which is why I came here to ask people with more experience. I'd appreciate any recommendations you guys can give me, thanks.

yes the mav pro is prob ur best bet, has better battery life than the mav air,the camera is prob close on both maybe slightly better on the pro, i luv my pro and for travel its awsome, u can use ur phone for u to see and ur freind could use the dji goggles at the same time and get a real live view, or u can connect a large tablet and use that for people to see as well, theres one tablet with hdmi output if u get that one u can hdmi to a large screen or goggles or anything else hdmi, i live in canada and i also want to explore more of it, i think the mav pro would be a great tool for u

Reactions: ksmusa
I'm currently in the decision making process on my drone setup, and at this point my mind is pretty much set on the Mavic Pro. I've got a location with 150 square kilometers of almost flat land next to a lake, I'm looking to use as much of that airspace as possible. I'm looking for a good ground station to really maximize signal quality and range, but since I'm planning on exploring more of Canada I want it to be easy to throw in the car and take anywhere. I'm sure the standard transmitter would be good enough for my usage, but I have a real weakness for awesome ground stations. I've seen some amazing cases online with amplified antennas and the ability to charge all of your batteries at once, but I don't really know if I need it. i do plan on having at least 2 viewers so I want a large enough screen to share the view. And I honestly don't even know if the Mavic Pro is the best drone for my situation, which is why I came here to ask people with more experience. I'd appreciate any recommendations you guys can give me, thanks.
Hi I do not understand what you want to do with your 150sq km. Create aerial imagery or just videos? For mapping best if you use a mission planning software. However 150 so km is huge. Using a mavic will take forever

Hi I do not understand what you want to do with your 150sq km. Create aerial imagery or just videos? For mapping best if you use a mission planning software. However 150 so km is huge. Using a mavic will take forever

Well I mostly plan on flying along the shore and recording, most of my flights will be over water and that's why signal strength and range is my priority. But yes my main focus is aerial imagery and videos so I don't plan on covering all 150, but I really want to use as much of that freedom as possible.

I don't think you'll have to worry about the signal quality right out of the box ...... :)

the mav air is wifi so its range is more limited but yes hackable, the mav pro out of the box will give u enough range for some great shots, and with litchi{ not available on the mav air yet} u can download a mission and it will fly and take pics for u while u sit on the beach with a beer waiting for her loyal return haha

the mav air is wifi so its range is more limited but yes hackable, the mav pro out of the box will give u enough range for some great shots, and with litchi{ not available on the mav air yet} u can download a mission and it will fly and take pics for u while u sit on the beach with a beer waiting for her loyal return haha
Mavic Pro is awesome to fly, especially easy to throw in the car and take anywhere.
Great for Cinematography, one thing you have to be very careful is the on board camera. I think most of us will agree that brushless motors are really dependable. Internal boards made of High Quality components. A very dependable Bird, only does what you tell it.
Usually when problems occur its a result of pilot error, pushing the limits.

All good advice. My only addition would be that the Mavic Pro Platinum has a slightly longer flight time (27 > 30 mins) ... but it costs more too!

If there is little interference, then a ground station wouldnt do much for you. In many of the places I fly, there is little interference and the battery is the limiting factor in these cases. I've gone well over 3 miles, one way, and had no issues with signal. I had to bring it back due to low battery. In more populated areas, I can lose signal after about a mile. It just depends on where you fly and how much interference there is. I would test without any modifications first and see how it goes.

Well I'm certainly going to try it stock, but as tictag said above those ground stations are awesome. Probably not terribly useful in my case, but just the ability to have everything in a single case is appealing, along with the boosted signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78