DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking to 'elevate' my photography

CalOldBlue

Reactions
Hi there!

Amateur photographer excited about the possibilities a drone can provide me. Mainly a still guy (Nikon D8xx gear), but have to admit aerial videos can be stunning so will look to adding videography to my skill set.

Ordered Air 2S; will arrive later this week. I have a few months to get semi-competent before taking it along on a Route 66 road-trip.

Have my Temporary Airman cert and my TRUST cert... just need a drone, a clear sky and woo-hoo!!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi there!

Amateur photographer excited about the possibilities a drone can provide me. Mainly a still guy (Nikon D8xx gear), but have to admit aerial videos can be stunning so will look to adding videography to my skill set.

Ordered Air 2S; will arrive later this week. I have a few months to get semi-competent before taking it along on a Route 66 road-trip.

Have my Temporary Airman cert and my TRUST cert... just need a drone, a clear sky and woo-hoo!!
There is nothing more satisfying than creating a video using a combination of both video and still images. Look at my stuff and you will see that I use more than 8 or more sources of images, including Nikon D750 stills, Nikon timelapse sequences, drone stills, drone videos, Osmo Action video, Osmo Action hyperlapse, Osmo Action motion lapse, Osmo Pocket- all of the same modalities (video, hyperlapse, portion lapse, slo motion), etc, etc. Each clip is listed to 2-6 seconds depending on if it is a still or a video. Also use the same modalities with OM4 (gimbal).

Dale
Miami
www.dalegdavisphotography.smugmug.com

Greetings welcome to the forum! If you're shopping for a drone, I would recommend the Mavic Air 2s

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi there!

Hi, Congratulations and welcome to aerial photography. I too had been a ground-based professional photographer since the 80's. Covid changed all that, as it has for most of us. My training was in the old master's portraiture. Some daylight photos are ok, but I prefer the shadows to be longer as the sun changes into a heavenly softbox, and things become softer and have character. Sunsets have always been my favorites, as each day offers something new. The other thing I love about the camera in my drone is that I can manually and CP correct in the air w/o much post-processing. The BIGGEST thing is that I always want to see aircraft and be seen, so I stay close and within VLOS to make sure it can come home to me every time. Have fun :)

Hi there!

You are going to have so very much fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78