DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loose metal piece inside Mini 2 after a crash.....

Ibanezbass671

Reactions
HI Ya'll

I had an unfortunate event two days ago.
Flying my mini two to get a building shot, was distracted by a notification on the phone and then all of a sudden, my drone came crashing down as it hit the building sign 30ft.
I ran quickly and got force it to shut off, restarted the drone and it did fly and finished my shot with what battery life left.

The next day did an inspection and replaced the damaged propellers.
Started up the drone and got a couple of error codes, including Error code 40012 (Gimbal unable to connect)
Also had MU calibration but was not able to calibrate (30049)
Change to a 100% charged battery and had the same codes.
Watched a couple of YouTube videos where they had the same issue and they wre able to resolve just bt "smacking ' the top od the drone gently.
I did that with no avail.

As i removed the battery, i notice a metal peice thats loose inside the drone.
20211021_074526.jpg
20211021_074512.jpg
Does anyone know what this is and is there any hope of repairing or is there a possible module I will have to replace =(

Just ordered a replacement drone, so I might just try to attempt to repair this one.....

that is a cover that goes on one of the boards

Thanks guys.

Watch the video on how to disassemble the drone, took a while. got to remove the board and found also that the ribbon was loose. Also my Gimbal arm was damage... :(
Was able to put back the metal cover, but now I have another problem to fix.

Further inspecting the gimbal and it Looks like it can be fixable so I ended up using super glue and epoxy. Hopefully it will hold up.

super glue to hold it in place
20211021_101302.jpg

Epoxy to reinforce cracks
20211021_103800.jpg

After 4 hours, its solid. I'll be putting it back together later today and hopefully she flies again.

Reactions: Dronut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada