DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Lorain Lighthouse at sunrise 08-06-2022

Nice photo

Reactions: ECI Air
That is certainly a very nice shot with a pretty good exposure. You could bring it into Photoshop or Lightroom to bring out the details in the shadows and make it even better. Especially if you shot in in RAW which is my default exposure. As well all know, shooting at the bright sky in the morning or the evening will cause the sensor to read the light of the sun and underexpose the shadows. This can often be improved greatly with Adobe's AI software.The sky could also be more dramatic with the same software.

I'll be happy to demonstrate if you send me a request.

Dale
Miami

That is certainly a very nice shot with a pretty good exposure. You could bring it into Photoshop or Lightroom to bring out the details in the shadows and make it even better. Especially if you shot in in RAW which is my default exposure. As well all know, shooting at the bright sky in the morning or the evening will cause the sensor to read the light of the sun and underexpose the shadows. This can often be improved greatly with Adobe's AI software.The sky could also be more dramatic with the same software.

I'll be happy to demonstrate if you send me a request.

Dale
Miami
I believe I did do come work in lightroom. It was more on the colors (orange and blues). And like you, I always shoot raw, even at professional sports. Lets chat, I'll see what you mean. My style is usually a little dark, but I'm open to new ideas.

I believe I did do come work in lightroom. It was more on the colors (orange and blues). And like you, I always shoot raw, even at professional sports. Lets chat, I'll see what you mean. My style is usually a little dark, but I'm open to new ideas.
B Snyder
I spent a few minutes doing the following edits on your nice image
Here are the steps in Photoshop (same editing engine as in Lightroom).
1. Open Photoshop>Filter(top menu drop down)>Adobe Camera RAW filter >Masking Tool>Sky>Exposure>darken.

2. In Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW (ACR)>New Masking tool>sky>right click and INVERT to edit foreground>increased shadows+increased exposure.

3. In Photoshop>Dodge tool>dodge lighthouse and pier walls and jetty. Here is the comparison side by side. Let me know your thoughts.

Dale
Miami
Original.jpgEdited version.jpg

B Snyder
I spent a few minutes doing the following edits on your nice image
Here are the steps in Photoshop (same editing engine as in Lightroom).
1. Open Photoshop>Filter(top menu drop down)>Adobe Camera RAW filter >Masking Tool>Sky>Exposure>darken.

2. In Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW (ACR)>New Masking tool>sky>right click and INVERT to edit foreground>increased shadows+increased exposure.

3. In Photoshop>Dodge tool>dodge lighthouse and pier walls and jetty. Here is the comparison side by side. Let me know your thoughts.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 163730View attachment 163731
The oranges in the foreground, middle top center to right are a bit more saturated, and I love the exposure on the light house and wall. I really wanted to do something like this, but didn't want it to look altered. You did a fantastic job!

The oranges in the foreground, middle top center to right are a bit more saturated, and I love the exposure on the light house and wall. I really wanted to do something like this, but didn't want it to look altered. You did a fantastic job!
Once you start using the masking tool you will love it and wonder how you ever got along without it. I can send you a great video on this if you want.

Dale

Reactions: ECI Air
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt