DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection while flying

hiimdoug

Reactions
Had my first lost connection today. I am in a new location (on vacation). Started up the mavic, had GPS lock, took off on a dock and was flying over water. I was a good 25 ft in the air had good connection and good control when the mavic started to drift just a bit. Out of the blue I lost connect. Mavic the initiated RTH automatically and returned home.

I regained connectivity a few times during RTH but would lose it again.

Helpful details:

I did not recalibrate compas or IMU, everything looked good upon takeoff.

I did have an awning over me but drone was in line of sight.

I did have a relatively new SD card in the drone (Samsung 64 GB) but I had flown with it before.

Any idea what could have caused the lost connectivity? I was a nervous wreck as there were many many trees all around and over water. But the mavic did everything she was suppose to.

There was probably a strong interference around the area. Did you get a warning of some sort when you flew. Plus, the mavic air Is running on WiFi which can tend to lag

Check your cable first. I will tell you this happens from time to time. When it does I bring it back turn everything off close the app and start over, it usually remedies the problem. I definitely had more issues when I was running an Android tablet. I am now using an Ipad Mini 4 and have virtually no issues with connection. By the way I'm an Android guy...Hahahaha

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
I had my first disconnect about 2 weeks ago while flying my MA only a few hundred yards off. The RC wouldn't reconnect until I restarted everything, first time that has ever happened (with all my DJI products) where it hadn't reconnected automatically.

I have it 2 times already , first time i was flying above a little ghost town it lost connection and after a 4 minutes the connection come back my MP dinnt RTH. It was like hell just seeing my MP doing nothing. The second time was on vacation but this time the RTH works verry good.

I also dont know what to do

Sorry for my english..

I just restarted everything, re-seeded everything and I'm still getting the disconnect. It'll connect for 5-10 secs then disconnect.

Hmmm, I'm obviously afraid to even take it off now.

I have not had any disconnects since I started using airplane mode & closing all apps except DJIGO...

Tried another cable and it was a no go. Decided to try yet one more cable and it worked! Been working fine every sense. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Reactions: Mantra

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu