DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Connection

pokesfans

Reactions
I had a very unnerving experience yesterday. Drone was hovering taking pictures with about 32% battery left. About 45 feet from the controller. All of the sudden the screen displayed a message like "lost video stream connection". The controller became unresponsive and the drone appeared to go into RTH mode. Unfortunately, I was under tall trees and it caught 2 branches going up, but was able to right itself and keep ascending. Once it has ascended it moved horizontally before starting it's descent. Of course it caught a branch on the way down. Again it was able to right itself. While all this was happening I was able to restart the controller and reestablish connect to the aircraft. I was then able to land the aircraft under control. No apparent damage except for smudges on the props, but I'll probably replace just to be on the safe side. Any assistance in interpreting the logs would be appreciated. I can't see anything except for reestablishing connection to the controller. Details below:

Problem? Lost connection between aircraft and controller

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: nothing, batteries were spent so packed it in for the day

What device are you using? ipad mini 4

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? newest

What Go app version are you using? newest version

Any modification? its all a stock unit

Did you change anything or install any apps? no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? no video was being taken.

Logs attached for assistance.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-07_[14-53-44].txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 2020-02-07 15_08_25-0K1DF153AD76P8.dat
    107 bytes · Views: 6
  • 2020-02-07 14_53_44-0K1DF153AD76P8.dat
    302 bytes · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online