Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Lost Control - unable to stop.

LarryR

Reaction score
I was flying today over a Christmas tree farm. Everything draped in heavy snow, it was beautiful..

Then when I flew the drone close to me and wanted to land I was heading down and wanted to stop..I continued downward. I was able to force it upward but then it when I let go of the controls it continues upward. This also happened when moving forward. I had to force it by changing direction but could not stop it. I forced it to land. It was calm, no wind. It was about -6 C.

Has anyone experienced this before. Was it the cold air possibly the controller?

Any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Larry

old man mavic

Fly safe,Fly responsibly,Fly happy
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
sounds like a low battery forced landing and yes the cold would have been a large contributing factor lipos dont like cold in fact nor does any type of battery cold is a killer

LarryR

Reaction score
Thank you, I suspected that. I think I'll do short runs on warmer days, this winter, from now on.

InvisibleName

Reaction score
Sounds more like it was ATTI mode. Post your logs & someone will confirm for you

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I don't think so. From what I understand in his description, only issue was height.
Sounds like it was in RTH, wanting to ascend to reach RTH height.

Forced landing would have it want to descend, not ascend.

Chrislaf

Reaction score
The cold should not affect the battery as long as you keep the battery warm prior to flight. I just got back from flying my Spark and it was -8ºC with a wind chill of -15ºC and I had no problems. My flight was just as long as it usually is when it's not cold out.

I don't have a Mavic but it sounds like the downward sensors were confused but I am only speculating.

Chris

old man mavic

Fly safe,Fly responsibly,Fly happy
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
if it was close to him as he said then it would not have gone up in RTH but tried to land, even if it was in atti mode it should have just hovered not gone up after he released the sticks

DJI Drone Service

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liv2ski