DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone with wind

already done that too :(

Okay - well the possibilities are limited given that it was already descending in autoland. It has to be in that vicinity somewhere, and I'd be very surprised if it made it as far as the main road. Any chance someone picked it up?

Okay - well the possibilities are limited given that it was already descending in autoland. It has to be in that vicinity somewhere, and I'd be very surprised if it made it as far as the main road. Any chance someone picked it up?
Possibly thats what were thinking as we have searched high and low is there an emergency sound we could play on it when its out of battery?

If it ended up in the car park it was probably collected by a passer by or maybe, worst case scenario, run over by a car. Maybe print an A4 paper stating you lost it and put your details on it and cross your fingers someone gets in touch with you.

did you have your contact details on the drone?Most flyers put a phone number or some contact info on their drone just in case this happens.

Reactions: timinator
If ever you are in this situation again get it as low as possible where the wind speed is lower, and bring it back with full throttle in sport mode so the airspeed/windspeed differential is highest. (Being mindful of obstacles). Sorry for your loss.

I'v seen lots of good advice. One that I did not see. If Mavic Mini has a Sport Mode you can use that to double your maximum speed and fly into a light wind.

I'v seen lots of good advice. One that I did not see. If Mavic Mini has a Sport Mode you can use that to double your maximum speed and fly into a light wind.

I think that's where power issues come in Ron.
The mini battery is different to the regular mavic batteries, and the plain Li-ion 2S has issues under pressure.
I'm pretty sure the warning is 'Aircraft power insufficient'.

Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City.

This is what I am thinking; so easy for someone to Google up what it is and happy days, just scored a Mavic Mini !!!' plenty of controllers on e bay !!!!

Nothing additional to what is in the log file that you posted.
Hiya still no luck with my drone bought another one is there any tracker you suggest to put on it for extra security

The Marco Polo tracker is pretty well known, and been purported to be the best type of tracker.
With a mini, I'd be careful to place anything on it that is too heavy (the tracker should be small / light enough) and make sure it's placed in a balanced place, like on top if clear of the props ok (velcro should do the trick).

I was going to suggest, if flying as you should there VLOS, and within around 500m, you might make do with an ARC XL strobe.
Not only make it very easy to spot in the sky, but a 90db alarm if the strobe stops moving for 4 minutes, perfect locator with strobe and alarm to help fin a downed drone.
Again, I'd mount underneath for balance and visibility, but then you might be limited to hand launch / catch.

Reactions: dronerdave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom