DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST DRONE

yes, checked the find my drone app. only marked the end of the flight path. did not log the reconnect.

I would still check that exact location very carefully. When the aircraft reconnected, even though it won't have written to the txt log, it should have logged a last seen location.

It was at 30 meters AGL when it disconnected, and should have attempted to RTH, not land.
I took the " it landed in a nearby farm yard. "
at face value. There's a big swing pitch and the drone loses its forward speed about 10 seconds from the end. Something's not consistent - unless the farm buildings are up hill from the starting point, it's too high to be on the roof.

I took the " it landed in a nearby farm yard. "
at face value. There's a big swing pitch and the drone loses its forward speed about 10 seconds from the end. Something's not consistent - unless the farm buildings are up hill from the starting point, it's too high to be on the roof.

10 meters up - that's why it was 30 m AGL, not 40 m AGL which was the indicated height. But it could still have landed on the roof after disconnecting, although that's inconsistent with the later camera view.

Actually it is going to require the DAT file. There will be no txt file data after the initial landing.
Hi. Tell me please, my friend lost his connection with the drone, and he lost the drone, he didn’t return, there were problems with the wire between the remote and the phone. It is possible to pull the logs from the remote, since there was no communication with the phone. It was Mavic Pro1. And what opportunities to find a drone. Thank you.

Hi. Tell me please, my friend lost his connection with the drone, and he lost the drone, he didn’t return, there were problems with the wire between the remote and the phone. It is possible to pull the logs from the remote, since there was no communication with the phone. It was Mavic Pro1. And what opportunities to find a drone. Thank you.

Unfortunately not - the RC logs don't include location data.

Reactions: Mr Shamrok
Ive contacted DJI and sent them the info they require but the McDAT folder seems to be empty when I try open it. should I be worried?

Ive contacted DJI and sent them the info they require but the McDAT folder seems to be empty when I try open it. should I be worried?

We discussed that earlier (post #18). I thought that you were going to try to get the DAT file from DJI.

DJI suck's anymore and refresh is a joke. Why should we have to ask DJI for permission to fly in a no fly zone that they've drawn up somewhere in ten buck two?

Just chiming in with experiences . My P4 hit the top of some trees and fell to the forest floor. All I had to do is leave my app turned on , on my tablet and start walking . Even though the battery fell out of the drone on its way down, the map on my tablet (DJI GO) took me right to it. This is also true with my Parrot Disco . As long as you dont shut down and take your controller and phone/tablet , you should have no issues finding its last known spot. P.S. My P4 was fine , just bent up and I changed out the shell. The Disco landed itself in the desert , without any damage.

Just chiming in with experiences . My P4 hit the top of some trees and fell to the forest floor. All I had to do is leave my app turned on , on my tablet and start walking . Even though the battery fell out of the drone on its way down, the map on my tablet (DJI GO) took me right to it. This is also true with my Parrot Disco . As long as you dont shut down and take your controller and phone/tablet , you should have no issues finding its last known spot. P.S. My P4 was fine , just bent up and I changed out the shell. The Disco landed itself in the desert , without any damage.

That doesn't work if the connection is lost before the flight ends and the aircraft continues to move before landing or crashing.

That doesn't work if the connection is lost before the flight ends and the aircraft continues to move before landing or crashing.
My connection was lost , but as I walked , it regained connection and showed me where it was. If it flew for miles after that , then I would have been in trouble.

My connection was lost , but as I walked , it regained connection and showed me where it was. If it flew for miles after that , then I would have been in trouble.

Now that doesn't make any sense at all, because you said that the battery was ejected in the crash. How could it reconnect with no battery?

Now that doesn't make any sense at all, because you said that the battery was ejected in the crash. How could it reconnect with no battery?
SOrry that was 4 years ago. True on that one. It was on a flight path when it hit .Just followed that . It was being chased with 2 other drones on same path , but higher altitude. Mavic came down once with low battery and landed on top of a parked trailer . And it led me to it. Yes , I have learned my lesson in each case. Brain farts all over.

Reactions: sar104
10 meters up - that's why it was 30 m AGL, not 40 m AGL which was the indicated height. But it could still have landed on the roof after disconnecting, although that's inconsistent with the later camera view.
A view of leaves and bramble could be an eaves trough view. Landed on roof, slid into eaves trough?

Ten buck two?
It is at this point readers outside the US snigger about some people's understanding of geography - I suspect he relocated the Chinese DJI to Timbuktu which is in Mali (an African country). And he speaks as if no fly zones pushed out by DJI are arbitrary for their gain, rather than to help pilots stay on the right side of laws meant to keep air traffic safe.

It is at this point readers outside the US snigger about some people's understanding of geography - I suspect he relocated the Chinese DJI to Timbuktu which is in Mali (an African country). And he speaks as if no fly zones pushed out by DJI are arbitrary for their gain, rather than to help pilots stay on the right side of laws meant to keep air traffic safe.
Ten buck two
A place that is very far from where you are standing (most likely).

It's actually a name of a place in Africa, but the idea about ten buck two is that Africa is a great distance away from where you currently are.
"Boy! Imma knock yo *** all the way back to Ten Buck Two
by Unoallday March 29, 2015

• Haha
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair