DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic pro help!

BJP155

Reactions
Hello, my Mavic pro lost signal and disconnected tonight. I cannot locate the location last shown on gps until tomorrow morning , it was dark and on personal property if it is where it is supposed to be. Return to home did not work . What else can I do to locate the exact location ? Help? Thank you

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

When RTH was initiated, your Mavic flew back to the home point (the takeoff location) and started to auto land at the yellow circled location here:

StartedToLand.jpg

About 3 seconds after it started auto landing, you moved the elevator stick to the full forward position and started flying the Mavic away from the home point at full speed. It flew from the yellow circle to the red circle.

FullSpeedAwayFromHome.jpg

Once it made it to about the red circle above, the log is showing your remote controller signal was weak. That was most likely cause by the houses/trees between you and your Mavic as it descended closer to the ground. The last recorded location was on E Autumn Sage Dr at the yellow marker here:

LastLocation.jpg

At that time, the Mavic was flying at 29 MPH. If the remote controller signal was lost right at that point, it would have coasted to a stop and then started to auto land 3 seconds later. If that occurred, your Mavic most likely landed in the yellow box here:

LookHere.jpg

Note: The red line above shows the direction your Mavic was flying.

If the remote controller was still connected for a short period of time beyond what appears in your log (which is possible), your Mavic could have flown beyond that yellow box. Either way, it should have continued on that path as long as you didn't change its position. So, you could start at the end of the yellow box (closest to the street) and follow it until you find your Mavic. If you're not able to find it, you might want to check with the owner of that house since it could have crashed into the front of their house, landed on their house, in their pool, or near their backyard.

We are searching this area now! Thank you so much for your input , expertise and assistance . Next idea is to find a drone pilot in our neighborhood to check from above. Is there a way to look for pilots in this forum by zip code or city? Thank you!

We are searching this area now! Thank you so much for your input , expertise and assistance . Next idea is to find a drone pilot in our neighborhood to check from above. Is there a way to look for pilots in this forum by zip code or city? Thank you!

That is a really good idea.....finding users by zip codes in cases like this, for assistance if possible.

I am new to this forum, but we are looking for help in North Scottsdale. We are in 85255 but happy to pay for drone pilots time if we are not successful . How can we spread the word?

IMG_2542.JPG @msinger it was exactly where you said ! In the yellow Zone 10 ft past the fence , behind the house across the street from where we were looking . True confession ,I am the drone pilots wife and after searching with him last night, I was convinced there was a tech solution , so I found this forum, joined, tagged msinger ( I read he was da man! ) downloaded the flight recorder from the app with your Instructions, uploaded for your review and my husband and I followed your instructions. @msinger thank you! See pic below - wahoo. ...

Wow it looks pretty good in the photo - did you just end up with some prop damage?

When RTH was initiated, your Mavic flew back to the home point (the takeoff location) and started to auto land at the yellow circled location here:

View attachment 16526

About 3 seconds after it started auto landing, you moved the elevator stick to the full forward position and started flying the Mavic away from the home point at full speed. It flew from the yellow circle to the red circle.

View attachment 16523

Once it made it to about the red circle above, the log is showing your remote controller signal was weak. That was most likely cause by the houses/trees between you and your Mavic as it descended closer to the ground. The last recorded location was on E Autumn Sage Dr at the yellow marker here:

View attachment 16524

At that time, the Mavic was flying at 29 MPH.
I have uploaded the flight data here is the link:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

any input regarding the cause of the disconnect would be helpful. Thank you so much.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.....SIMPLY AMAZING.......APPROX. 10 FT. BEHIND THE POOL FENCE INSIDE THE YELLOW BOX!!!

Reactions: mig25 and frankiez
Pristine condition. Not even a chip or scuff on the props . Thanks again to all and especially the magical @msinger for his expert calculations! What a relief .

Reactions: mig25
@msinger and others! what do you think about the connection we lost that night? We were getting a " Lost connection" signal on and off. My husband was using the updated app, and an iPad 4 mini with wifi, would he get better connectivity with the iPhone 7? any input would be appreciated.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan