DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Drone Help

abwRN

Reactions
I’m not sure why this sucks so bad but it does. So I’ve been flying the Mavic 2 For quite a while and today It decided to drop out of the sky. No problem right? I’ll just open up find my drone and see where was last. Well, it seems DJI can make a very sophisticated drone but can’t tell you reliably where was last.When I pull up find my drone, it takes me to a flight that happened a year ago WTF?

The best available data is in the TXT and DAT flight logs on your mobile device. See these instructions to locate those flight log files:
Please post those files here if you need help reviewing the logs.

Reactions: MCU2-Papa
Thx..I subscribe to air data so I have all the details but it sucks that the feature within the app shows me flights from 6 months ago instead of today.. Whats up with that? Makes no sense. I attached some of the last data.

Attachments

• 5FC1A789-314E-441E-9547-28290FC00A92.jpeg
    5FC1A789-314E-441E-9547-28290FC00A92.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
  • E738F80C-F30F-46AF-A0EC-A331CDABC821.jpeg
    E738F80C-F30F-46AF-A0EC-A331CDABC821.jpeg
    751.5 KB · Views: 117
Thx..I subscribe to air data so I have all the details but it sucks that the feature within the app shows me flights from 6 months ago instead of today.. Whats up with that? Makes no sense. I attached some of the last data.
A couple of screenshots is not data.

If you want anyone to help you will have to share data for them to look at.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: DerekJG

Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.

Given it's possibly another M2 failure, the DAT file is also important.

Reactions: Simmo
Given it's possibly another M2 failure, the DAT file is also important.

Hey Sar..Long Time buddy..I will post for your review. I have burn churning out drone miles for a long time so it not really the issue with flight data. I have all that in a even more detailed fashion with Airdata.com. However, Since the Drone would not reconnect and the batt went from 46% to nothing so quick, I will post for review. I have been flying a long time and this was really weird.

Hey, thanks for all you do on here but my original question was not “where is my Drone?”. It was why does the App suck so much that it can not display the last flight under find my drone. I know how to review all my data but I will post just in case the You pros pick up on something I missed.

There is a reason I didn’t just post it when you asked earlier. I know you and Sar are awesome and super helpful. However, sharing location data on the web for a yet to be recovered MavicPilots 2 Pro is a bit risky. I will send to you and SAR.

I know right, it does help your situation. The member is asking for help finding his drone. Geez.

Thanks buddy and I know right...Some people.. I happened to be flying straight down railroad tracks but didn’t feel the need to argue with the dude..

Hey Sar..Long Time buddy..I will post for your review. I have burn churning out drone miles for a long time so it not really the issue with flight data. I have all that in a even more detailed fashion with Airdata.com. However, Since the Drone would not reconnect and the batt went from 46% to nothing so quick, I will post for review. I have been flying a long time and this was really weird.

Hopefully this is an easier find than your P4P. That was quite a saga.

MSinger and Sar,

You have the link to my data. Feel free to share and discuss on this thread if you notice something to help others. please don’t share the location of the downed bird until I send up it’s Family members tomorrow morning to hunt for him in the tree tops...:)

OK - this wasn't another M2 sudden failure - it was a flight where the link was lost at around 800 m and then regained when the OP drove down to the location. The flight was started at 46% battery and the loss of link was due to autolanding, so failsafe RTH did not apply.

@abwRN, this one should be easy to find since the flight log shows the location where the aircraft crashed into a tree. Start searching at the last point recorded in the flight log.

OK - this wasn't another M2 sudden failure - it was a flight where the link was lost at around 800 m and then regained when the OP drove down to the location. The flight was started at 46% battery and the loss of link was due to autolanding, so failsafe RTH did not apply.

View attachment 73379
Ha! But find it we did!
And yet another case cracked wide open by the man **** that's impressive!

To the original question...I lost my M2P last week while I was flying out of town. I had the last known location on the flight map. But while searching for my missing mav, I clicked the “Find My Drone” feature in the GO App...it said my aircraft was at my home...856 miles away!
Completely useless.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett