DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my drone.. my fault..but..

To toddlaroche, you can type beneath or above the quotation 'window' and delete posts ....... as I did with the did you mean to add a comment ......

As I use an Ipad and remember quite sure I have seen the still pics there - but I can find them, should I search in the Fly App or the Ipad???
Do a search on the drive in whatever the Ipad uses for like File Explorer - the directory of all the folders and files on the drive. Type in DJI* and hit search. If there are any photo's on the drive = it should pull them up in the search tool and say what folder they are located on. Not 100% sure how Apple does it, as I don't own one - but that is how it works on MS products.

More files may show up that are not photo's as it is searching for everything with DJI in the name - may have to sort thru them.

I'd go back if possible to try and locate the drone. Don't know how hard that would be, but at least worth a try before going and buying another one. You can order just a drone and battery direct from DJI, as well - since you have the controller and other accessories.

photo2be(ornot2be).....Instead of talking about it....DO IT
My conclusion is that (after buying a new Mini2 today and testing) that the stillpics are not "live" transferred to the Ipad or Iphone before you go to the Fly App album and choose download! The pics doesn't store in the Ipad/Iphone before you do that. If I'm wrong pls tell me!

The Fly app is just an app on a device. Storage is, of course, on the device, the phone or tablet, and the drone SD card.

My conclusion is that (after buying a new Mini2 today and testing) that the stillpics are not "live" transferred to the Ipad or Iphone before you go to the Fly App album and choose download! The pics doesn't store in the Ipad/Iphone before you do that. If I'm wrong pls tell me!
I dont have a DJI but the brand I have I had to transfer it from quad to the iPad ....I would screen record so I had something to look into if it crashed or flew away.

After all this posts, no one told him to use AirData...may be it is already late, but still...AIRDATA could help him to find the drone....I can't beleive it. Pictures are useless in this situation...

Hi! Today I lost my Mini2 and it was my fault. I took 5-8 still pics before I lost it. Shouldn't the pics be in the Ipad/controller? I think so but I can´t find them?
You should be able to find the drone hit (Profile)
then go to (find my drone) this will show you the flight plan it will be Easy to Find !!!! Good Luck !!!!

Facilityman_7

You should be able to find the drone hit (Profile)
then go to (find my drone) this will show you the flight plan it will be Easy to Find !!!!
FMD can only show the last location where the app was connected to teh drone.
It's no use at all if the drone was in flight when signal was lost.
FMD cannot tell you where the drone ended up after signal was lost.

Open ‘Files App’ on your iPad

Choose the location ‘On My iPad’

Open the folder path: DJI Fly / OriginalFiles / Photo

Your photos should be in that folder.

they are stored on your phone or tablet shortly after taking them.

Hi, somewhere far away in a dense wood with very high trees and about 1 meter of snow in Sweden.. I can "see" it on the map but not hear it. :( I categorize it as "written off" .... its probably high up in a tree...
The warning said the the "props where obstructed..." Tomorrow I´ll visit a DJI store...
If i had chosen RTH it would never had happen. I tried to fly it home by myself.
Don't you have any friends with another drone who can identify it for you?

There is not enough bandwidth to transfer full resolution photos and video files while also providing the live view and control signal.

Reactions: Clarkent
In the US (Yes it can depend on region), photo caching is typically on by default when using the official DJI Fly app. It's not offered in third party apps such as Litchi for example. Video caching can be turned off or on in the menu (found it to by on by default).

The copy saved to the phone is usually a lower quality/resolution than the copy that gets saved to the SD card.

In some countries such as India due to local laws/restrictions, the photos are saved strictly to the SD card with no image cache to phone option capable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv