DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic Pro! GPS Signal?? HELP

As I said - I would look first around the "Find my Drone" coordinates (say a 5 meter radius circle) and then work back towards my estimated landing point. The coordinates you got on reconnection should be accurate. If you don't find it then increase your circle to 10 meters, etc.

Make sure that you are at the correct coordinates - what kind of GPS device are you using to find that precise location?
Hi Sar104, What GPS device would recommend? Also thank you for all the help you have given on this web site. I'm sure many others feel the same as me. Thanks Again.

already found the drone, it was more or less 15 meters south the last located flight track coordinates, this means around 35 meters away from “find my drone”...

Getting out of the field the police was in the car and stole the Mavic bag with with batteries and accesories in it...

Couldn’t find if DJI sells the three plastic pieces protecting the camera, just found the bigger hard plastic part...

Again thanks for all your help!

Reactions: Chip
already found the drone, it was more or less 15 meters south the last located flight track coordinates, this means around 35 meters away from “find my drone”...

Getting out of the field the police was in the car and stole the Mavic bag with with batteries and accesories in it...

Couldn’t find if DJI sells the three plastic pieces protecting the camera, just found the bigger hard plastic part...

Again thanks for all your help!

That's a bit surprising - I don't know why it would have moved back to the south after the disconnect. The wind was blowing in that direction, but not strongly enough at ground level to overpower the aircraft. Good work finding it anyway. The police stole your Mavic bag?

Reactions: kidroc
Hi Sar104, What GPS device would recommend? Also thank you for all the help you have given on this web site. I'm sure many others feel the same as me. Thanks Again.

The phone gps is really quite good these days, but I'd want to do a sanity check with at least one other device. I use the Bad Elf units for accurate work.

Reactions: kidroc
45FDA1BA-A286-4D49-8AF9-8A64C95F04AF.pngHere I put all the coordinates in case you are interested. On the north the coordinates from “find my drone”, the second was your sugestion, the third the last signal, and all the way to the south where we finally found it.

Thanks again to all and especially @sar104 for taking the time and help. We were already doubting the coordinates and almost giving up.

Yeah, police stole several things out of the car and even wanted to take the car and thats not all. They were even asking for money to let us go...

Reactions: WestyinWC
View attachment 53436Here I put all the coordinates in case you are interested. On the north the coordinates from “find my drone”, the second was your sugestion, the third the last signal, and all the way to the south where we finally found it.

Thanks again to all and especially @sar104 for taking the time and help. We were already doubting the coordinates and almost giving up.

Yeah, police stole several things out of the car and even wanted to take the car and thats not all. They were even asking for money to let us go...

Thanks. I am baffled by the location - I would have expected better accuracy from the aircraft GPS after landing and I cannot see why it reversed direction and moved south. Valuable data however.

Sorry to hear about the police conduct.

Reactions: Pietros and kidroc
@sar104, You are a very patient person and have saved many from losing their drones. Fun to watch your work.

Reactions: Pietros
C.h.gogo, now that you have recovered your drone, WTF were you thinking flying in winds that high?

@sar104, You are a very patient person and have saved many from losing their drones. Fun to watch your work.

Thanks. These are fun problems to work on. All the better if it is actually of some help to anyone.

Please download the last log directly from drone using DJI Assistant it would be interesting to see what did it do the last seconds before landing.

Last edited:
Now I also now it was a stupid idea... we weren’t aware of the strong wind. On road level wind wasn’t that that strong.

How do I get the log directly from the drone? Just connecting it to the PC?

My guess would be that on the last track point the drone started to land straight down -> touching the canes -> obstacle avoid -> getting up to a certain height and trying to land again... and in this process been blown incwind direction.

Yes connect it using USB then launch DJI Assistant 2 and download(to local) last log.

I'm very curious about the "police" thing.... Where are you located? Country, etc.? Why would police do that?? Since you mentioned that the police wanted money to let you go, I'm guessing that they were not following any type of proper protocol.
Glad you got the drone back!

I'm very curious about the "police" thing.... Where are you located? Country, etc.? Why would police do that?? Since you mentioned that the police wanted money to let you go, I'm guessing that they were not following any type of proper protocol.
Glad you got the drone back!

1542480668511.jpeg

Reactions: W2EJ and jhamel
The flight data, relative to the Google Earth DEM, indicates 11 meters. The VPS, which had been intermittently indicating credible altitudes since the 900 second mark, has data at the last recorded flight point after a link loss of 2.2 seconds, of 4 meters. Over a surface like crops that may be somewhat inaccurate but does mean that it got returns off something and was reasonably close to the ground. I'd call those two data sets likely consistent.

View attachment 53415
@[U]sar104[/U] dang dude nice findings.

Get a tracker for your drone when you do find it. The most long range lightweight tracker that I know of that is not cellular based (cell based won't work when there is no cell signal but this device will) is as follows:

Loc8tor Lite - Loc8tor

This model will go to 400 feet. When my drone went down in dense woods due to a malfunction that caused it to not hover, I would have never found it without this device. It is tiny, has no weight, and I attached it to the front of the Mavic. Works great!

loc8tor-product-shot-2-900x900.jpg
A Few Clever Tips For Finding A Lost Drone

If you were able to regain signal, you could use distance indicator on remote to home in on it.
Granted that does rely on GPS accuracy of both the AC and the mobile device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78