DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Love my MP, but...

Geo

Reactions
for that matter I still love my Phantom 3. But the other day I watched a video of the Mavic Air follow a guy through a forest. The Air went around trees, over and under branches and kept up with the guy on a bike! I have to have one of these. Not right away though. Will wait for the reviews and an out of the blue sale on the Air Bundle, like I got on my MP Bundle last year. I guess I must have them all, not really a lot of money when you talk to the guys with 3-6k dollar drones.

Reactions: sakellag
for that matter I still love my Phantom 3. But the other day I watched a video of the Mavic Air follow a guy through a forest. The Air went around trees, over and under branches and kept up with the guy on a bike! I have to have one of these. Not right away though. Will wait for the reviews and an out of the blue sale on the Air Bundle, like I got on my MP Bundle last year. I guess I must have them all, not really a lot of money when you talk to the guys with 3-6k dollar drones.
The Mavic Pro-II should have the same electronics and programming as the Air does. DJI has already said that the Air's image processor was taken from the Phantom 4 Pro. This means the Mavic Pro-II will have it as well. (With that 1inch type sensor)

However, im thinking the Mavic Pro-II is going to have a shocking sticker price. Im betting DJI will price it right at the P4P today.

New announcement next month. 23rd?

Absolutely correct thinking. My time table is probably not till next spring.

How about a link to the video. I looked for it on YouTube but couldn't find it.

I'm guessing at 4:23 he had to go back and get it. It looks to have boxed itself in. Without side sensors, it could move sideways into an obstacle. It did pretty well though in the forest.

I'd like to see the unedited video too. It seemed to me there were a few abrupt edits, but still impressive.

OK, it gets even better, watch a Mavic Air hit a tree at 40mph, fall to the ground and get up and hover again. Watch them thro water all over it while hovering and more

Reactions: MJ224
The Air went around trees, over and under branches and kept up with the guy on a bike! I have to have one of these.

I wouldn't buy it expecting to do that kind of stuff as a part of normal flight. That's guaranteed to end in disaster sooner rather than later.

Youtube is frequently not real-life.

its been ''worked'' to provide an error free footage and people will ooh and ahh and fall for it,,,,buy it,,,,crash it,then come here for help

Wow...I dunno why but I had a very hard time watching this video. I was "cringing" the whole time. I was trying to picture myself doing this and I kept thinking "There is no way I could push the the stick in sport mode straight into a tree" lol

I just don't think my thumb could do it, not even to a stranger's drone!

Don't believe everything that you see. I too saw that video and decided to try it out today for myself. Although extremely hopeful, with visions of following me through the trail, I was sadly disappointed. I didn't even make it to the trailhead.

Each time I got a lock and then I didn’t make it 30 feet before it failed.

To be fair, I did have some success when I returned and the entire area was shaded. It followed better but didn't "dodge" anything. The other issue was that this road has a slight incline and while it followed me in the shade, it didn't change elevation and almost ran into the street.

Last edited:
Its certainly impressive but it did hit a few things, not quite ready to leave to its own devices and rocket down a wooded path.

First video has clearly been edited to remove all the times it got stuck.

Second video (the crash test video) is quite impressive...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13