DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low Rotor RPM

dogman1313

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I purchased a used Mavic Pro. When I start it it will not get over 180 RPM on the rotors and will not take off. Any ideas on how to correct this?

The rpms are indicated on the controller. When you increase the throttle nothing happen. It never goes above the startup rpm.

I purchased a used Mavic Pro. When I start it it will not get over 180 RPM on the rotors and will not take off. Any ideas on how to correct this?
How are you starting the motors?
Are you giving the drone any throttle?
At a guess you need to multiply the RPM by 10, that's going by what I see with the Mavic 2.

I hope I’m still flying my Mavic when I’m 123 years old.

Try an auto takeoff.

How are you starting the motors?
Are you giving the drone any throttle?
At a guess you need to multiply the RPM by 10, that's going by what I see with the Mavic 2.
I start it by pulling the 2 sticks to the lower inside, the drone starts up. Then I try to increase the throttle to take off and no results.

It is in the default mode

This phantom post on DJI in 2014 sounds similar.

The controller slipped into mode 1 mysteriously. 🤔

Might hook it it up to the DJI assistant to insure it's transmitting mode 2.

Reactions: Cafguy
Check the on-screen map. Are you in or on the border of either a blue or red geo-zone? A bit of a basic question, I know, but this is the only occasion where I've had something similar occur.

I will give that a try.
You should be able to check that the controller is in mode 2 via the app, see
from 59 sec onwards. You normally want mode 2.
Also check that the drone is set to respond to the controller rather than wifi from the phone, there is a switch on the drone see page 48 of the manual

(That it starts via the CSC may mean it is set to respond to the controller but I don't have a Mavic Pro to check )

What issues?
Tried to calibrate the gimbals and it will only go to 31%, connected to dji assistant 2 and cannot calibrate the front vision sensors. It say can not detect calibration image. right sensor has a image, left sensor has none

Can't do that. It was a charity auction. I am just trying to get it to fly for my grandkid.

OK you probably have a drone that was dropped or had some kind of shock too it- maybe a prior crash.
First is it possible to calibrate without the assistant? If so take it outside away from any metal or CONCRETE and try again if that does not work and you are getting both gimble and front sensor errors you will need to replace the card on top of the gimble most likely there is your problem.
These cards were mounted poorly with no shock resistance, and a crash or large shock will usually knock some tabs on the board loose and also some of the boards etching will flake off. This is one of the reasons you will find the semi-conductor paste holding the connections together at the board.

Last edited:
OK you probably have a drone that was dropped or had some kind of shock too it- maybe a prior crash.
First is it possible to calibrate without the assistant? If so take it outside away from any metal or CONCRETE and try again if that does not work and you are getting both gimble and front sensor errors you will need to replace the card on top of the gimble most likely there is your problem.
These cards were mounted poorly with no shock resistance, and a crash or large shock will usually knock some tabs on the board loose and also some of the boards etching will flake off. This is one of the reasons you will find the semi-conductor paste holding the connections together at the board.
Do you have an idea of what it might cost to repair or is it too much for the drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_