DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M P PRO RTH

RickJW

Reactions
I decided take a vid of my Mavic to send to a friend and when viewing the vid I noticed motors stopping and restarting when locating itself to the home landing pad. Is this how these are able to fly? I can't send an MP4 in this forum. Can I just chage extension?
Thanks,
RickJW

Last edited:
I decided take a vid of my Mavic to send to a friend and when viewing the vid I noticed motors stopping and restarting when locating itself to the home landing pad. Is this how these are able to fly?
If the motors are stopping, the drone would be falling, not flying.
Perhaps you were confused by a stroboscopic effect?
I can't send an MP4 in this forum. Can I just change extension?
You need to upload to Youtube or similar and post a link to the video.

If the motors are stopping, the drone would be falling, not flying.
Perhaps you were confused by a stroboscopic effect?

You need to upload to Youtube or similar and post a link to the video.
It appears only one rotor is stopping and the blade are folded and not extended like the other 3. Not doubting what you said, only how it appears to me. Will upload to YouTube.

It appears only one rotor is stopping and the blade are folded and not extended like the other 3. Not doubting what you said, only how it appears to me. Will upload to YouTube.
If one motor is stopping, you would see the drone fall in a spiral.
That's probably not happening or you'd be posting a very different tale.

What your video shows is a stroboscopic effect - caused by the shutter speed in your camera.
Watch a descent again with your eyes rather than the camera and you won't get fooled.

If one motor is stopping, you would see the drone fall in a spiral.
That's probably not happening or you'd be posting a very different tale.

What your video shows is a stroboscopic effect - caused by the shutter speed in your camera.
Watch a descent again with your eyes rather than the camera and you won't get fooled.
Ok thanks. Was getting a bit concerned. Now I can fly without worry.

its the same thing when you see props spinning on a plane as they increase speed they seem to go backwards as do car wheels when they are being filmed as Meta4 its to do with shutter speed an interest affect though

I decided take a vid of my Mavic to send to a friend and when viewing the vid I noticed motors stopping and restarting when locating itself to the home landing pad. Is this how these are able to fly? I can't send an MP4 in this forum. Can I just chage extension?
Thanks,
RickJW
Gotcha! It's called aliasing... a normal effect when sampling a high frequency continuous motion with discrete samples (of insufficient frequency). Not to worry, it's just an illusion. It can be quite confusing when seeing it for the first time :)

Reactions: Rich55 and RickJW
Gotcha! It's called aliasing... a normal effect when sampling a high frequency continuous motion with discrete samples (of insufficient frequency). Not to worry, it's just an illusion. It can be quite confusing when seeing it for the first time :)
Speaking of confusing, a couple of short flights later, my iPad tells me I lost GPS and auto reverted to ATTI. Not sure what I did in panic mode, but brought it home and landed. Took off again and all was well. So, what is the best option when that happens. Google searched for over an HR with no results before making this post.

Speaking of confusing, a couple of short flights later, my iPad tells me I lost GPS and auto reverted to ATTI. Not sure what I did in panic mode, but brought it home and landed. Took off again and all was well. So, what is the best option when that happens. Google searched for over an HR with no results before making this post.
If it's a concern, you should find out the cause of the issue.
Did you lose GPS reception, or did you have a compass error that forced teh drone into atti mode?
Either way once it happens, all you can do is to fly home in atti mode.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661