DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 Zoom with Litchi

mavic_manzana

Reactions
Looks like Litchi will tolerate the M2 Zoom but not control it. That is disappointing. I.e., you can not control the zoom level from Litchi. It was the same with the vanilla Mavic. You set the zoom manually and Litchi would fly with it. I understand this is a hardware thing but still too bad. Or better yet, maybe I'm wrong!

It’s my understanding that the zoom on the Zoom is controlled by the left wheel is that correct? If so that is a hard coded function and will not change with the app you use.

Just like the shutter button, video start button, RTH button, and pause button are all hard coded on the Mavic Pro. Now I don’t have a Mavic 2 so maybe it’s slightly different but on the Mavic Pro only the C1, C2, and 5D buttons are app dependent.

It’s my understanding that the zoom on the Zoom is controlled by the left wheel is that correct? If so that is a hard coded function and will not change with the app you use.

Just like the shutter button, video start button, RTH button, and pause button are all hard coded on the Mavic Pro. Now I don’t have a Mavic 2 so maybe it’s slightly different but on the Mavic Pro only the C1, C2, and 5D buttons are app dependent.
Above is true of the M2P for sure. The functions are also assignable.
The big change I noticed was a spring loaded function on the two wheels for same (the ones on either side of the antennae). This lets them return to center, without changing function, when the wheel is released. I do like that better than the infinite free turning on my MPP controller.

The right wheel zoom function works with Litchi.

In Litchi, the zoom setting is displayed in a small black box that appears in the center of the screen when zooming. It shows from 1X to 2X (or up to 4X if you have the video set to 1080P/30 or less). The box disappears when not zooming.

The DJI Go4 display has a slider on the right hand side of the screen (beside the gimbal angle indicator). The slider shows the current focal length in mm (24-96mm) rather than zoom ratio (1x to 4X).

I think the OP wants to see the zoom function incorporated in mission programing. (It would be nice to be able to program zooming in and out while doing things like circling waypoints)..

Litchi is continuously evolving. I've had several updates over the 2 years I've had Litchi and each one has added new features. Perhaps there is something in the works for the Zoom.

Reactions: FL AV8R and ff22
I use Litchi WPM's with the M2Z. I tend to like to "manual zoom" option dialed from the controller. Also, the R-Stick Fwd-Rev will speed-up / slow-down the WP speed (even back-track when fully reversed). So it gives really nice control during the mission.

My initial project was to track moving targets on a Cross-Country course. I generialized the position vs time points, so manual corretion was a necessity. Also, Litchi is not super accurate with its POI positioning, so the ability to manually adjust gimbal position is nice.

Example of Litchi / tracking a moving object

Reactions: ff22
I use Litchi WPM's with the M2Z. I tend to like to "manual zoom" option dialed from the controller. Also, the R-Stick Fwd-Rev will speed-up / slow-down the WP speed (even back-track when fully reversed). So it gives really nice control during the mission.

My initial project was to track moving targets on a Cross-Country course. I generialized the position vs time points, so manual corretion was a necessity. Also, Litchi is not super accurate with its POI positioning, so the ability to manually adjust gimbal position is nice.

Hey, fun video. Thanks for sharing. So, you generally pre-planned this on Litchi but did some manual intervention but it was still mainly controlled by the mission.

And, boy, I also enjoyed watching the run. To be able to run like that - just be so much fun for the runners. NICE.

Yes - preplanned on Litchi in pc/mac using "Litchi Virtual Mission" Chrome plugin. Program the path, poi's, speed, altitude-- save, then open on your litchi phone app. Start, then simply adjust zoom, tweaking speed +/-, gimbal.

I've seen where professional drone shots involve 2 pilots. One flying and one controlling camera. Litchi is esentially my pilot, so I can focus on the shot.

Last edited:

Yeah REALLY Nice Video-
Was wondering about that Backward Tracking...

So Lemme Understand this...
You created the Perfect WIRECAM route - … Then You went alonmg the ROute tracking the Runners at a speed that You allocated and being able to adjust the Gimbal - Like a FREE Mode or User controlled...

Iv done that with our HOME ROad Security - … and its Awsome…
Can Go ANySpeed and Track and Retrack - ...

Nice Video- and Cool Music as well

Reactions: RunnerGuy
Yes - preplanned on Litchi in pc/mac using "Litchi Virtual Mission" Chrome plugin. Program the path, poi's, speed, altitude-- save, then open on your litchi phone app. Start, then simply adjust zoom, tweaking speed +/-, gimbal.

I've seen where professional drone shots involve 2 pilots. One flying and one controlling camera. Litchi is esentially my pilot, so I can focus on the shot.
Nice job. Threading your way through the trees must have been tricky!

Reactions: RunnerGuy
Flying safe was Litchi's job. We did test the route above the trees, then lowered it for the video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23