DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2EA Missing flight logs

John_W

Reactions
Hi,

I am trying to retrieve flight log files from our M2EA. Both aircraft and controller show records from February and October/November 2021, but nothing for January.

There have been SD card changes etc, but as the 2021 files are visible, I would think that this is not relevant.

Anyone have an idea to look?
TIA

We are using the Smart Controller with DJI Pilot app, I can find flight logs/DAT files from 2021 and February 22, But not the flights in January 22. DAT file numbering goes from 029 to 093. I used the DJI Pilot app on the controller, imported KML files from Google Earth and fine tuned the waypoint flight plans on the controller itself.

I have run the SD Refresh with no effect...

We are using the Smart Controller with DJI Pilot app, I can find flight logs/DAT files from 2021 and February 22, But not the flights in January 22. DAT file numbering goes from 029 to 093.
The .txt files are the most useful flight records.
You haven't mentioned them.
Have you looked for them?

Same issue, files are available from 2021, skips January, and continues in February...
Just to somewhat straighten thing's out & give you some more info ...

First ... no need at all in trying to retrieve any kind of flight logs from the craft itself ... there will be .DAT logs there but no others than DJI can read them as they are encrypted.

Secondly ... all flight logs of use to you, is the .DAT & .TXT logs stored in the mobile device you used to fly with ... both can be read & simplified the .DAT focus more on raw sensor & motor data & the .TXT focus on the telemetry.

The .DAT log records between power on to power off ... the .TXT between motor on to off. This means that it can be .DAT logs without any corresponding .TXT log ... if you just power the craft up but not starting the motors.

Thirdly ... the logs are recorded & stored in the mobile device (or SC, which is Android based) that was used for the flight. So if you used another mobile device or SC for the January flights the logs will be in that device. If you sync the flights to the DJI cloud service from one device which have new .TXT logs & then again sync from another device, those new .TXT will be downloaded from the DJI cloud service to the second device also ... .DAT logs on the other hand doesn't sync between devices.

So ... was only one mobile device (or SC) used 2021 & Jan & Feb 2022?

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve flight log files from our M2EA. Both aircraft and controller show records from February and October/November 2021, but nothing for January.

There have been SD card changes etc, but as the 2021 files are visible, I would think that this is not relevant.

Anyone have an idea to look?
TIA
The SC txt logs should be in Internal Storage » DJI » com.dji.industry.pilot » FlightRecord.

The SC DAT logs should be in date folders in Internal Storage » DJI » com.dji.industry.pilot » MCDatFlightRecords.

Are those the locations that you are finding some, but not all of the files? I'm not aware of any way to set them to record to the SD card instead. How much of the internal storage is free?

The SC txt logs should be in Internal Storage » DJI » com.dji.industry.pilot » FlightRecord.

The SC DAT logs should be in date folders in Internal Storage » DJI » com.dji.industry.pilot » MCDatFlightRecords.

Are those the locations that you are finding some, but not all of the files? I'm not aware of any way to set them to record to the SD card instead. How much of the internal storage is free?
Hi @sar104,

Only one device has ever been used on the aircraft, the Smart Controller. Current internal storage status shows 7.18gb used, ~60% free.

I have checked multiple times in both internal and SD card storage with no success.

Hi @sar104
Think I found the issue. The SC has a global setting of default save location, which was set to SD card. I switched SD cards because I needed the 128gb card for data.
Do you know of anyway to update logs from the aircraft to the SC?
TIA

Hi @sar104
Think I found the issue. The SC has a global setting of default save location, which was set to SD card. I switched SD cards because I needed the 128gb card for data.
Do you know of anyway to update logs from the aircraft to the SC?
TIA
There are DAT flight logs on the aircraft, but the logs that you find on the SC are created and stored there, not on the aircraft, and so there is no way to recreate SC logs from previous flights.

Where did you find the global storage setting?

hi @sar104
Apologies for the delayed reply. Global storage setting is under the Android settings of the SC.

Drag down from the top of screen
Select the gear icon
Scroll down to Device
Select Storage

If there is an SD Card installed, you will get the attached screen with the option to change the default storage location

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-114136.png
    Screenshot_20220302-114136.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member