DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cullen58

Reactions
Hello all!
I am trying to find any information. Can the M2EA see IR strobes (attached to personnel), either with an IR cut on the visible camera, or through the thermal camera?

Hi Cullen, it would just depend on the frequency of the IR strobe. I have the M2ED and the spec. states the IR wavelength for the IR sensor is 8 to 14 microns, I think those are the mid frequencies so it doesn’t pick up far or near IR.

Hi Cullen, it would just depend on the frequency of the IR strobe. I have the M2ED and the spec. states the IR wavelength for the IR sensor is 8 to 14 microns, I think those are the mid frequencies so it doesn’t pick up far or near IR.

Any idea where to find that spec? I’ve searched and have been unsuccessful

The spec. for the sensor for the M2ED is in the User Manual in the Spec. Section at the end. I’d expect it’s in the user manual for the Advance. I’d guess that the bandwidth is the same for the Advanced as the Dual, it’s just much better resolution but aimed at the same market. As for the IR strobes, it would depend on the device but if your involved in security, maybe the manufacturers would help.

The spec. for the sensor for the M2ED is in the User Manual in the Spec. Section at the end. I’d expect it’s in the user manual for the Advance. I’d guess that the bandwidth is the same for the Advanced as the Dual, it’s just much better resolution but aimed at the same market. As for the IR strobes, it would depend on the device but if your involved in security, maybe the manufacturers would help.

Thanks for the help. I haven’t found the answer, but I’ll keep looking

I’m afraid IR and Thermal are completely different animals. No joy here unfortunately

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent