DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P turned on in backpack

Brewbud

Reactions
Interesting situation. I was in our local mountains camping with some friends in my Jeep club. I did a short flight but the fog started rolling in so I brought it in. I turned off the drone and the controller and put them back in my backpack. 30 minutes or so later we decided to do a Jeep run up to the mountain peak. When we got back I was rearranging things the back of the Jeep and I noticed the side of backpack felt warm. I thought it was just the heat from the fridge warming it up but decided to open it up anyway. Turns out the drone had turned on. There was a small USB thumb drive in an inside pouch of the backpack cover that just aligned with the power button. All the bouncing must have caused just the right button presses to turn it on. I am not sure how long it was on but the drone bottom was pretty hot to the touch. I assume the drone has an overheat shutdown temperature but it is worrisome that it got as hot as it did. I will take care not to have a battery installed in the drone on the next Jeep outing.

I use PGY Tech prop straps to hold and secure the props on my Mavic 2 and Zoom drones, the top holds the props covering the power button.

IMG_3218.jpgIMG_3219.jpg

Interesting situation. I was in our local mountains camping with some friends in my Jeep club. I did a short flight but the fog started rolling in so I brought it in. I turned off the drone and the controller and put them back in my backpack. 30 minutes or so later we decided to do a Jeep run up to the mountain peak. When we got back I was rearranging things the back of the Jeep and I noticed the side of backpack felt warm. I thought it was just the heat from the fridge warming it up but decided to open it up anyway. Turns out the drone had turned on. There was a small USB thumb drive in an inside pouch of the backpack cover that just aligned with the power button. All the bouncing must have caused just the right button presses to turn it on. I am not sure how long it was on but the drone bottom was pretty hot to the touch. I assume the drone has an overheat shutdown temperature but it is worrisome that it got as hot as it did. I will take care not to have a battery installed in the drone on the next Jeep outing.
i’ve never had that happen with any of my drones but i’ve had my dji goggles both white & and black turn on while in the hard case and found if they are laid on the side with the on/off button facing down they can bounce enough to turn themselves on.

• Wow
Reactions: Gindra and Brewbud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760