DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3- for Pro use it flies like a pig.

Ah, the below made me think stability issues:

I've had no problem with holding a creeping pace and once they added expo settings in the app, that made slow yaw much easier. The short sticks on the RC Pro still take some getting used to compared to other full-sized controllers but even with that limitation, it is still fully capable.
Slow yaw is fine Ian, but Pros also need slow forward and back and slow left and right. It turns out Philip Bloom had identified the problem a month back. Apparently the M2P in tripod mode could move as slow as 1m/s but the M3 in Cine mode (supposedly the replacement of tripod) has a minimum speed of 5m/s, it's totally unacceptable to degrade a critical function from the previous model and then charge lots more for it! Note this is quite separate to my stability issues.

Reactions: Droniac
Impressive work. Congratulations. Nice to have a real Pro with us.
Thanks Bill, I don't think I'm very good at explaining things sometimes though 😎

If you turn off the APASS the drone in cine will be more smooth but you need to be careful since there are not be any sensors active. The drone needs tweek. DJI will get there. Just be patient.
I would rather see drones marketed that hit their straps on the first flight out of the box. Big money; patience is not part of the deal. And I don’t buy in just to be part of a “continuing development programme”. I’m not a beta tester! 😎🇳🇿

FYI this is my last film on the M2P, hopefully showing the fine control ability that machine has. I even had smoother flight control on the M1 than this new one!
How lucky we are to have portable high resolution drones to film this great planet, Earth. 👍😎🇳🇿

Ok, I've been away and have now had a few weeks to play with this thing and I've come to the conclusion the M3 as an aircraft is some sort of joke. But if you are not a Pro who needs really fine control this post probably won't concern you.

I've often said if they just put the new camera in the M2P and it flew like a M2P I would have been perfectly happy, I'd even pay the M3 price for it! Unfortunately this thing acts like a drunken sailor. The ability to fly at cinematic speeds, i.e. really, really slowly with precision like the M2P could is totally gone. It simply cannot fly slow enough in ANY mode, let alone so-called "cine" mode, no matter how you tweak the settings. When you approach a speed that is just approaching slow enough it just stops dead! Plus all the fine control of the M2P has gone. If you hover it swings sideways back and forth like its on the end of a rope. If you try to track forward or back, the same, if you crane straight up or down, the same, all with ZERO wind. It even did some really quick, weird random moves the other day, nearly crashing into some trees, with my hands totally off the controls. So we get to pay 40% more than the previous model for an aircraft that has inferior flying ability to BOTH previous models. Not a good business plan I would suggest DJI. Where's the promised HLG by the way?
I agree. I have reset the controller settings and it works but only temporarily. Random moves during hyper laps are also troubling. DJI really needs to address their programming.

Slow yaw is fine Ian, but Pros also need slow forward and back and slow left and right. It turns out Philip Bloom had identified the problem a month back. Apparently the M2P in tripod mode could move as slow as 1m/s but the M3 in Cine mode (supposedly the replacement of tripod) has a minimum speed of 5m/s, it's totally unacceptable to degrade a critical function from the previous model and then charge lots more for it! Note this is quite separate to my stability issues.

Bloom's issues were on the earlier firmware. As were mine. I'm definitely able to fly way less than 5m/s consistently. I never bothered to use tripod mode or cine mode. I can get equally smooth shots without them at very slow speeds. Just set a lot of expo and feather the sticks smoothly. And turn the OA off unless you really need it.

Back to my earlier comment - the M3 in Cine mode has a maximum speed of 5 m/s, not a minimum speed of 5 m/s. In other words a speed range of 0 - 5 m/s.

You comment on it exactly as it is! The M2 Pro has worked without any problems! I am very sorry that I have bought a device for 5,000 euros! The only positive thing about this store was that I didn’t give in exchange for the M2 Pro device!

Whelp I got
FYI this is my last film on the M2P, hopefully showing the fine control ability that machine has. I even had smoother flight control on the M1 than this new one!
goose bumps.
Whelp, I got goosebumps. Truly Sweet work. The continuity, the pace, choice, and the synchronization of the footage and music was perfection. Not to disclude the variety and layout you chose to, … tell the story, which felt was par excellence’. Might I say, well, Dang!! Godspeed, Droniac

The main reason I didn’t purchase the latest version, by the way your video shot from the Mavic two which is my favorite and I still on the Mavic one as well you’re flying skills and the music is just breathtaking that’s probably one of the best I’ve ever seen you’ve got very high skills I could watch that over and over again it helps me when I do fly but I will never be that good and so I totally trust your post about the flying brick I’ve read so many bad reports, Half of my thoughts were the people posting were just beginners but after watching your breath taking video shot with the Mavic two I totally trust you what I don’t understand is Dji and like you said if they would’ve just put the camera on the Mavic two and have the better battery I would’ve already purchased the drone, I waited so long for that to come out but something told me to wait and I’m glad I did I think it will keep getting better with firmware updates and it will finally come around but I think it’s ridiculous that they hadn’t had all the software worked out and mainly for me the killer was not using DJI GO 4 app,And using the cheap fly app once I seen that I thought I’ll probably never purchase this Drone I’ve had my Mavic two since release and it’s been perfect.

Ok, I've been away and have now had a few weeks to play with this thing and I've come to the conclusion the M3 as an aircraft is some sort of joke. But if you are not a Pro who needs really fine control this post probably won't concern you.

I've often said if they just put the new camera in the M2P and it flew like a M2P I would have been perfectly happy, I'd even pay the M3 price for it! Unfortunately this thing acts like a drunken sailor. The ability to fly at cinematic speeds, i.e. really, really slowly with precision like the M2P could is totally gone. It simply cannot fly slow enough in ANY mode, let alone so-called "cine" mode, no matter how you tweak the settings. When you approach a speed that is just approaching slow enough it just stops dead! Plus all the fine control of the M2P has gone. If you hover it swings sideways back and forth like its on the end of a rope. If you try to track forward or back, the same, if you crane straight up or down, the same, all with ZERO wind. It even did some really quick, weird random moves the other day, nearly crashing into some trees, with my hands totally off the controls. So we get to pay 40% more than the previous model for an aircraft that has inferior flying ability to BOTH previous models. Not a good business plan I would suggest DJI. Where's the promised HLG by the way?
After reading your biography I see now whyYour videos are so breathtakingly good the best I’ve ever seen and you’re a genius please keep sharing and I think the Flying brick will finally come around with firmware updates

Hey Chris, beautiful photography on yr website. I didn’t buy the M3 specifically because they removed Tripod mode (plus the horribly inconvenient internal SSD on the Cine plus the price tag). You should ping DJI but also sign the petition to request the return of Tripod mode.
SIGN THE BRING BACK TRIPOD MODE/ GIVE US ADJUSTABLE SPEED CINE MODE PETITION here: http://change.org/tripodmode

I am very disappointed to hear about the poor flight performance of the M3. I have been hesitating to go for it since day one with the hope of much improvements with the January firmware upgrade. Frankly at this point I put that purchase on hold. I did manage to get an RC Pro which I use with my Air2s (of course getting yet another Air2s in the process LOL).

My experience with the RC Pro (as compared with the original smart controller) when used with the Air2s works incredibly well both in connectivity and in absolutely smooth flight controls - definitively better than the original. So, for sure the issues are all with the M3 itself.

Have you tried adding Expo to the sticks? It make a huge difference when they added that feature to the Go app.
I enjoyed the footage thank you for sharing, but I think you exaggerated a little about the Mavic 3 it’s really a beast of a drone once you get to understand it and a feel for the sticks. It was a learning curve coming from the Mavic 2 to the Mavic 3 for sure. But once you make the adjustments to your liking, you will find it to be an amazing drone. Also I might had, I purchased the RC Pro controller and find it to be even smoother experience with the controls in every way. The Rc pro is what the Mavic 3 should have come with in the first place. Just give the Mavic 3 a few more flights and you will will be able to tame the beast lol.

Bloom's issues were on the earlier firmware. As were mine. I'm definitely able to fly way less than 5m/s consistently. I never bothered to use tripod mode or cine mode. I can get equally smooth shots without them at very slow speeds. Just set a lot of expo and feather the sticks smoothly. And turn the OA off unless you really need it.
Completely agree. After the latest FW update, I have no complaints about the smoothness and fine control of the M3. The GPS issues causing delayed acquisition of the Home Point are the only remaining problem, aside from the unnecessarily loud heart attack beeping below 15% battery on the RC-Pro, which will undoubtedly require manual muffling. I've already muffled it on the less capable RC-N1.

Reactions: christangey
I enjoyed the footage thank you for sharing, but I think you exaggerated a little about the Mavic 3 it’s really a beast of a drone once you get to understand it and a feel for the sticks. It was a learning curve coming from the Mavic 2 to the Mavic 3 for sure. But once you make the adjustments to your liking, you will find it to be an amazing drone. Also I might had, I purchased the RC Pro controller and find it to be even smoother experience with the controls in every way. The Rc pro is what the Mavic 3 should have come with in the first place. Just give the Mavic 3 a few more flights and you will will be able to tame the beast lol.
No, not this beast.

Back to my earlier comment - the M3 in Cine mode has a maximum speed of 5 m/s, not a minimum speed of 5 m/s. In other words a speed range of 0 - 5 m/s.
Yes my apologies I just quoted what I read and then didn't give it a thought, won't do that again! The trouble I have is that my "zero" comes up way too soon!

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito