DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Fell out of the Sky (with flight log)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but not a reckless flight in the least.

Flying out of visual line of sight, over possible people and traffic. All of these things are violations of the law and reckless.

Only 2 things make some sense to me that you had the Maxium Distance set on your controller or the Geo Fence dropped you out of the sky as we have seen that happen on the forum at least.
what was your Max Distance set to on the Controller. ?
Neither could have had anything to do with the incident.
Geofence issues never cause a fall-from-the sky.
And what he might/might not have set as a maximum distance is irrelevant.
Airdata simply advises what the battery level was for the most distant point of the flight.

Could this be another frozen props issue?
At ground level.... 33.6 and 85% humidity.
Who know what it is like over 400 feet.

Reactions: Mav1c
Not to go off on a tangent, but this is the second "crash" I've seen recently where the last known altitude was beyond the (app) max: how was he able to get beyond 400 feet altitude?!
Not to go off on a tangent, but this is the second "crash" I've seen recently where the last known altitude was beyond the (app) max: how was he able to get beyond 400 feet altitude?!
Your drone has two altitude limits.
One is a hard-wired max altitude limit of 500 metres.
The other is a user-adjustble Max Altitude limit which it is set to 400 feet by default and can be adjusted to any height up to 500 metres.

Reactions: Mav1c
I have Care Refresh, but shouldn’t need to use it here. This was clearly an equipment malfunction... I’m just curious to know WHAT malfunctioned.
Just send it in to DJI. If DJI find that your MA2 did malfunction, they would let you know and replace it under warranty.

Flying out of visual line of sight, over possible people and traffic. All of these things are violations of the law and reckless.
Agreed, and this thread illustrates WHY these rules are in place. Many times things are beyond pilots control, yet we still have people that think these rules are ridiculous.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Actually max altitude setting can go up to 500m or 1600ft.
Regardless of the max altitude setting, the legal height is 400', and he should have either set that as the max or been watching his altitude to not go over the legal height. And as said above, BVLOS, and possibly over traffic and people. It was asking for an incident, loss of connection or not. His altitude was right at the borderline for manned AC, so even if he received a warning, he would not be able to see and avoid. I agree with the reckless flight mentioned above. And even though it was not freezing (but close) on the ground, at near 500' it would be below freezing and he did risk freezing props. That may not have caused his loss of connection, but again, poor judgement to fly in those conditions with this bird all the while with the other conditions of the flight.

I wasn't commenting on the legality or safety, I was correcting about system capability. The AC/app does not have a hard limit of 491ft, though it's default limit setting is 400ft.

There are legitimate reasons for raising the max altitude setting, such as flying up a hill or mountain, or going above a tall structure when permitted.

But in this case, none apply.

Could the ‘Combination Stick Command’ feature been inadvertently triggered or malfunctioned and self activated?

Attachments

• 8293D5D3-CFB0-4764-BC44-58DC1966B379.jpeg
    8293D5D3-CFB0-4764-BC44-58DC1966B379.jpeg
    627.7 KB · Views: 15
Could the ‘Combination Stick Command’ feature been inadvertently triggered or malfunctioned and self activated?
No .. the drone was hovering for 15 seconds with the sticks centred when things ended.
It's very, very difficult to unintentionally CSC in flight.
Just think what the drone would be doing if the joysticks were even close to CSC.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So if he was flying in a football field and his drone died in the air. You still would say this and only comment to NOT help huh? He said it shut off not that it was out of sight or any of your opinions

Reactions: RParker762
So if he was flying in a football field and his drone died in the air. You still would say this and only comment to NOT help huh? He said it shut off not that it was out of sight or any of your opinions
One look at his flight log makes it clear exactly how he was flying out of sight and over multiple roads.

He asked for advice on why his drone shut down. Not how he should fly it. I think if someone’s drone shuts off mid air, saying “you shouldn’t fly that high, or over there” which I understand doesn’t help the persons actual question

One look at his flight log makes it clear exactly how he was flying out of sight and over multiple roads.
I understand that. But my point is how is that going to cause his drone to shut off while flying. My point is if someone has a concern it’s not to be scrutinized it’s to ask for opinions of the forum. I don’t know I just feel they do that a lot when people ask a question

Reactions: Fixit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji