DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2/Fly missing phone charge option for iOS.

WilliamDaugherty

Reactions
Site
drone-artist.com
MA2/Fly app no longer has phone charging as an option on iOS. Just noticed this yesterday. Updated firmware to current, problem remains.
UPDATE: it appears that the phone charging is "always on" now with any of my iOS devices. Confirmed with the Mini2 also on three different iOS devices. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
MA2/Fly app no longer has phone charging as an option on iOS. Just noticed this yesterday. Updated firmware to current, problem remains.
UPDATE: it appears that the phone charging is "always on" now with any of my iOS devices. Confirmed with the Mini2 also on three different iOS devices. Anyone else notice this?
Yes, same experience. Thanks for posting.

This just in from DJI supprt:

"We are sorry to hear about the issue you are having. This is certainly not the experience we want for you.

The latest version v1.4.3 for the DJI Fly App has fixed the issue, please try to re-install the DJI Fly APP and confirm it is the latest version.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."

I do have the latest version and the issue persists. I'll let DJI know. I don't want to lose all my app settings but perhaps that won't happen with a re-install?

I also noticed this and contacted DJI and got the same response.

But I am actually very happy with the change.

I often use an old iPhone which doesn’t have great battery life so getting a power charge from the controller is important to me. I found it inconvenient to go into the menu settings each time just to turn the device charging on. Now that it’s “always on” its one less thing I have to do preflight.

Thanks for posting this, i had the same issue since last week. Phone is charging though.

I just deleted Fly app, re-installed it and the charging option in the control tab is not back.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan