DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
As long as you're deleting all the folders, that should be okay. I did notice an index-type file in one of the other folders that should be cleared.
The vids and pics are in a subfolder. There are two main folders. I haven’t ever deleted that folder, just it’s contents.

Although I'm a PC guy and my problem was there, I found this thread after seeing this same issue for my Sandisk Extreme 128GB U3 A2 card and the Mavic Air 2. What I stumbled upon, not as solution but at least a workaround, is that if I simply plug the SD card into a card reader that I then plug into my Samsung Galaxy S8+ Android phone, browse to the card, then remove it with no further action, it will the read just fine on my PC. It's as if an eject command is needed for the MA2 to properly dismount the card so it remains recognized by PC or Mac.

Recently I ran into a similar problem with a Scandisk Ultra 256GB. Not sure if my solution will help anyone but this is what I experienced.

I kept formatting using Fat32 and verifying that there is not a problem with the SD Card on Mac Book Pro Version Catalina 10.15+ and every time I put the sd card on the drone I kept getting "File System Error 10025 error code". Then on one of my tries I decided to use the app on the iphone connected to the drone to format the sd card and worked. Oddly I realized that the only difference between formatting with the mac and the app was the custom name I added. After it was formatted with the app it changed to Untitled. Looks like the drone or fly app doesn't support a custom tittle added to the sd card. I will try to do this with a new card when I get my hands on it, but in my case was just that the only difference. Everything worked on the Mac and on the drone after that.

Another issue I saw with one of the recordings was that if you don't stopped the recording and just turn off the app there will be a corrupted video that you won't be able to open on Mac, I guess this is just an acceptable behavior if you just close the turn off the drone.

Cards greater than 32GB should format ExFAT, not FAT32. Theoretically you could format bigger cards as FAT32 if you make the cluster size big enough, but Windows won't natively let you do it.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I just spent a lot of time dealing with this issue on my Mac Pro running Big Sur and didn't find threads discussing a fix - so just hoping this helps someone.

I was having the issue of inserting an SD card into my Mac after filming w/ my Mavic and the card isn't readable (macOS gives the option of eject/ignore/erase). Previously I thought this was due to a bad card, but then I realized it was doing it anytime I formatted the card in the Mavic, and it was doing it on multiple cards/different brands.

Based on what I was reading in the DJI forums, it was stated that one cause of this (in my case it was) is updating the firmware of the Mavic with an SD inserted in the Mavic. Based on this, I removed the SD card and used DJI Assistant to reinstall the current firmware on the Mavic using my Mac. Since doing so, I'm no longer having issues -- I am now able to format a card in the Mavic and it's readable on my Mac. Prior to this no type of formatting on either my Mac or the Mavic would prevent the issue from happening.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I just spent a lot of time dealing with this issue on my Mac Pro running Big Sur and didn't find threads discussing a fix - so just hoping this helps someone.

I was having the issue of inserting an SD card into my Mac after filming w/ my Mavic and the card isn't readable (macOS gives the option of eject/ignore/erase). Previously I thought this was due to a bad card, but then I realized it was doing it anytime I formatted the card in the Mavic, and it was doing it on multiple cards/different brands.

Based on what I was reading in the DJI forums, it was stated that one cause of this (in my case it was) is updating the firmware of the Mavic with an SD inserted in the Mavic. Based on this, I removed the SD card and used DJI Assistant to reinstall the current firmware on the Mavic using my Mac. Since doing so, I'm no longer having issues -- I am now able to format a card in the Mavic and it's readable on my Mac. Prior to this no type of formatting on either my Mac or the Mavic would prevent the issue from happening.
I hope somebody at DJI takes note of this. This sounds like a firmware/installer bug to me. There shouldn't be a need to remove an SD card when updating firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe