DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference

Duck Rogers

Reactions
Hi All,

I bought a Mavic Pro last week in the US and made a couple of test flights without issues. I flew back to Argentina and now when I turn on the drone I get a Strong Magnetic Interference warning.

I tried to calibrate both indoors and outdoors (public park, on grass with no metal around) and most of the times I get an unsuccessful calibration message.Then one time the calibration succeeded the compass values were: Compass 1: 128; Compass 2: 470.

Also the Mavic was in a suitcase next to a cordless screwdriver ¿could this be the cause for the compass discrepancy?

¿any advice? Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: I put a compass (the traditional ones, with a needle) near the cordless screwdriver and in close distances (6 inches) the needle is always pointing to the screwdriver, even if I move the screwdriver to different cardinal points. The Mavic was placed about 6 inches from the screwdriver in the suitcase ¿can i have accidentally magnetized one compass?

Wow, that is a good question. I think any type of compass could be corrupted by outside magnetism.

I have always kept my AC away from anything with a magnet, speakers, tools etc. just because I wasn't sure.

I have seen a couple of forum posts about this issue, and you might try this:

degaussing - Fixing Compass Issue's?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31