DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Maine Road Trip, Lighthouses- and Acadia National Park-May 6-13,2021

Dale, just to let you know that I very much enjoyed your entire video. Living as I do in a high desert that is now in a severe drought it is so refreshing to see Maine so different, so beautiful and so expertly shown through your ability and work.
Thanks so much for your kind words. It was lots of work for that 8 minutes!

NubbleLighthouse-lo-rez-.jpgMaine is truly a gem. Although I have traveled the world, I've been trying to get there for many years, so in October, tired of the pandemic, I pledged my wife that we would be able to travel by May,2021 and so I made reservations, flights, etc. It was so worth it. We have Miami friends here who own places up there and go every summer. It is truly a beautiful place. I tried to capture its essence in a short video, and of course, that is not possible,but I think I captured a bit of it. We are told Maine was not recommended in early May and by the end of the month, it would be tremendously crowded. So I defied the odds and went in early May and found no crowds, restaurants freely available, and not a second's wait a there Acadia Park ranger station.

I am now considering repeating the area further north to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick shore. Lots more lighthouses up there! Need Canada to open its border to tourists and of course, our passports.

Great stuff!
Any problem with flying over national park lands?
Never did fly over national park land- not for a second. I specifically said in the intro that I did not fly in Acadia. There were plenty of land opportunities with regular DSLR and timelapse and regular video. The seashore and surf shots were all on non-park lands.

Dale,

I hardly ever watch 8 minute videos but I watched yours end to end. I think the difference is that some people's videos are 7 or 8 minutes of the same mountain peak from 10 different angles and I can only get through two or three. You gave a great travelogue of the whole Maine coastline. Your video also brought back memories as we walked the ocean walkway to Perkins Cove, the beach in Kennybunk Port and climbed "Ropes and Rungs" on Cadillac Mountain.

My daughter and their family vacation every year at Kennybunk Port and my 15 year old grandson always flies his drone from the marshes to the inlet. I'll send him this link to get some ideas about how it's done by a master.

Thanks again for all of your posts and this one in particular.

Bill

Dale,

I hardly ever watch 8 minute videos but I watched yours end to end. I think the difference is that some people's videos are 7 or 8 minutes of the same mountain peak from 10 different angles and I can only get through two or three. You gave a great travelogue of the whole Maine coastline. Your video also brought back memories as we walked the ocean walkway to Perkins Cove, the beach in Kennybunk Port and climbed "Ropes and Rungs" on Cadillac Mountain.

My daughter and their family vacation every year at Kennybunk Port and my 15 year old grandson always flies his drone from the marshes to the inlet. I'll send him this link to get some ideas about how it's done by a master.

Thanks again for all of your posts and this one in particular.

Bill
Many thanks, and much appreciated. It was, indeed, a labor of love.

I know I could have made a shorter version but I never get around to that! It is always hard to encapsulate a one week trip filled with rich content to a 3 minute film.

If you liked that, check out my trips to Iceland, Rwanda-Democratic Republic of the Congo (gorillas trip) , and my most recent, Zambia/ Madagascar at my web site

outstanding video and beautiful editing. I'm going up to ME in a couple weeks and was bringing the drone along. Did anyone give you a hard time about flying or anything like that?. Also did you deploy in the parking lot area or beach area?.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S