DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Maine Road Trip, Lighthouses- and Acadia National Park-May 6-13,2021

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Please enjoy my latest video of our trip to Maine last week, May 6-13.

This is an 8 minute plus 2 minute end credits video of our road trip to Maine, May 6-13,2021. We drove from Boston to Kennebunkport, then, to Bar Harbor and spent 4 days in the Acadia National Park area. The film features 4 lighthouses, Acadia National Park, timelapses, drone videos, DSLR images, and video images from DJI Osmo Mobile 4 (OM4), Osmo Action video, and Apple iPhone Pro Max 11, and processed in Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, and LRTimelapse5. Liberal use of the Big Stopped 10 Stop Neutral Density Lee filter was accomplished.
Please enjoy the fruits of my 7 day filming and 5 days of editing, boiled down to 8 minutes.

Go the cog icon at the lower right side of the frame and select auto or 4K before starting the film.

Its a nice journey thru main, the B roll has me wanting for lobster, , the time lines provide a good glimpse into the future , and shows how amazing your trip really was. You captured a lot of beauty , and the spirit of Maine . For me it was an easy 8 minutes . Well done the both of you .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Its a nice journey thru main, the B roll has me wanting for lobster, , the time lines provide a good glimpse into the future , and shows how amazing your trip really was. You captured a lot of beauty , and the spirit of Maine . For me it was an easy 8 minutes . Well done the both of you .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Thanks. I had to re-do the upload twice, because the film cut out before my best shot at the end with the POI of the lighthouse, my best effort ever. I had to remove it from Vimeo, repeated the rendering, and exporting in Premiere, and re-upload. Took hours. Glad it finished for you. I was left with TONS of great footage on the cutting room floor. Probably enough for five more videos.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

This is an 8 minute plus 2 minute end credits video of our road trip to Maine, May 6-13,2021. We drove from Boston to Kennebunkport, then, to Bar Harbor and spent 4 days in the Acadia National Park area. The film features 4 lighthouses, Acadia National Park, timelapses, drone videos, DSLR images, and video images from DJI Osmo Mobile 4 (OM4), Osmo Action video, and Apple iPhone Pro Max 11, and processed in Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, and LRTimelapse5. Liberal use of the Big Stopped 10 Stop Neutral Density Lee filter was accomplished.
Please enjoy the fruits of my 7 day filming and 5 days of editing, boiled down to 8 minutes.

Go the cog icon at the lower right side of the frame and select auto or 4K before starting the film.

Dale - outstanding video and unbelievable cinematic captures. The areas you captured are practically my back yard, however; never tire of seeing the beauty from another bird's eye view. Excellent flying and captures, thank you for sharing!

Great work Dale. I agree, an easy 8 minutes. A lot of thought went into the footage. Thanks for taking an Aussie who has traveled the world to some beautiful places I have honestly never heard of! That’s one of the benefits of this great forum. Cheers ?

Dale - outstanding video and unbelievable cinematic captures. The areas you captured are practically my back yard, however; never tire of seeing the beauty from another bird's eye view. Excellent flying and captures, thank you for sharing!
Many thanks
Dale

Excellent job! My Sister lives in Kennebunk. I’ve been to the places in Kennebunkport you shot. Brings back pleasant memories.

Great memories of a trip years ago, pre drones. Same coastal sites. We added a day in the mountains and another on coastal Mount Desert. Loved the fog changing to clear skies. Maine is the cleanest state I have ever seen. No trash or billboards on highways! Ate lobsters every way possible. Lol

Nice work!You have me excited as I will be going to Bar Harbor just after Labor Day.

Grateful thank you!!

Nice work!You have me excited as I will be going to Bar Harbor just after Labor Day.
I doubt it, but see if you can score the master bedroom, first floor with view of the water at Matt and Kristi's Saltair Inn on West Street. The breakfasts are worth it alone! Blueberry pancakes, great omelets,etc. Acadia is really a one day visit but with photography it turns into a full 2 days or more. I did not fly in the park but the coastal regions are available.

Great memories of a trip years ago, pre drones. Same coastal sites. We added a day in the mountains and another on coastal Mount Desert. Loved the fog changing to clear skies. Maine is the cleanest state I have ever seen. No trash or billboards on highways! Ate lobsters every way possible. Lol
You would think lobster would be a bargain there but no way! A typical lobster roll was running $27USD and there is a scarcity of lobsters being caught, we were told. A 2 pound lobster, shown in the video was about 4-5 ounces and about 5 bites. I loved using the POI feature of my M2P on the Nubble Lighthouse, shown as the last drone shot of the video. Best drone shot I have ever created so far.

Was awaiting this video, Dale, and it was worth the wait - very nicely done. Looks like the weather was better than you expected, so I'm glad that worked out for you. Or, maybe you didn't include bad weather shots ;) . Loved the different perspective the aerial shots gave of Nubble! You are one lucky guy to have a wife who patiently goes along with your photo adventures!! Some of those time-lapse shots must take a while to capture.....

Was awaiting this video, Dale, and it was worth the wait - very nicely done. Looks like the weather was better than you expected, so I'm glad that worked out for you. Or, maybe you didn't include bad weather shots ;) . Loved the different perspective the aerial shots gave of Nubble! You are one lucky guy to have a wife who patiently goes along with your photo adventures!! Some of those time-lapse shots must take a while to capture.....
Thanks for watching, Gary.

You REALLY hit the nail on the head. My wife, Carol, is a saint. She patiently waits by for the 20-30 min time lapses, and the drone takes a while to complete the set-up, flights, and take down. A typical stop for a lighthouse or other site is easily 45 min to an hour. I put her in the credits as an assistant but in actually, she assists by leaving me alone without a complaint. Photography limits me to the pull-offs and parking lots, other than the trails because of the amount of gear I have to take. Carol busies herself with the lighthouse museums, and strikes up conversations with perfect strangers and tells me all about them afterwards.

We really lucked out with the weather. A Maine resident (summer) lives Iin Miami and tried to warn us off doing the trip in early May. Dire threats of mud, rain, cold were given. We had some rain, but mostly at night. I planned the trip to take advantage of the new moon e.g. NO moon) for astrophotography, but alas, on May 11th it was totally clouded over and 38 degrees, so no astro this trip. The clouds were effective with some of the lighthouse shots.

Dale

Beautiful trip buddy! Acadia is definitely my favorite. You are the time lapse master, wow!

Beautiful trip buddy! Acadia is definitely my favorite. You are the time lapse master, wow!
Hi Karlewski:

Coming from you, I am honored. Thanks. Yes, timelapse is certainly my passion, only seconded by flying. Maine was a perfect sketch board.

My next planned big outing is going to be a September return to Tanzania and Kenya for the migration and crossing of the Mara River in September. Drones are a no no on safari but I am going to purchase and pack a Mini 2 if I can get a deal on it. I am considering it a throwaway! Just want to go up and take images from a high perspective, not to annoy wildlife. If the camp owners or safari guides refuse, so be it. Also schlepping a rented Nikkor 600mm f/4 prime (11 pounds) and bracket/Gimbal to hold it on tp the safari vehicle. Hope they let me on the little planes with 35 pound limit.

Reactions: MavRik
Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Dale, just to let you know that I very much enjoyed your entire video. Living as I do in a high desert that is now in a severe drought it is so refreshing to see Maine so different, so beautiful and so expertly shown through your ability and work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi