DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maine - Some nutjob

She said the next day the drone followed her all the way to Standish. I wonder how far that is? She also said the ones in her back yard are sometimes in pairs?
Follow her then hover at least 20 mins.
Right.
Must be Amazon stalking her for a delivery, or those Colorado night drones expanding.
Then it followed the police officer too.

Reactions: netsonic
the next day the drone followed her all the way to Standish. I wonder how far that is?

According to Google maps, about 7 miles / 10 mins drive, sort of country road by the looks.
If it was a drone, the flight time was pretty good, maybe one of the fellas on the battery mod threads ?;)

According to Google maps, about 7 miles / 10 mins drive, sort of country road by the looks.
If it was a drone, the flight time was pretty good, maybe one of the fellas on the battery mod threads ?;)
the trees alone would cause so much signal loss

Reactions: xspwhite
Ha ha, just watched the video, yeah when the police got there they all watched it for ANOTHER 20 mins, that's after it followed her 7 miles. In the dark. Then presumably 7 miles back to where it started from.
My goodness, it seems all these people clearly don't understand what an average consumer drone is capable of.
It's probably another planet, like a previous post here by a rather paranoid one time poster.

Ha ha, just watched the video, yeah when the police got there they all watched it for ANOTHER 20 mins, that's after it followed her 7 miles. In the dark. Then presumably 7 miles back to where it started from.
My goodness, it seems all these people clearly don't understand what an average consumer drone is capable of.
It's probably another planet, like a previous post here by a rather paranoid one time poster.
I wonder if the city or township that this story is coming from are debating drone regulation?

When I got up this morning I saw about a 1/2 dozen mavic mini's swarming my back yard. I managed to chase some away with a broom, but two chased me back inside my house. Then they were all around the windows and stuff. I called the police and they called the FAA who sent out agent's Muller and Skully to speak with me.

par·a·noid
/ˈperəˌnoid/
adjective
adjective: paranoid
  1. of, characterized by, or suffering from the mental condition of paranoia.

• unreasonably or obsessively anxious, suspicious, or mistrustful.
      "you think I'm paranoid but I tell you there is something going on"

The funny part about the whole thing is that even if there was a drone, it doesn't appear that any laws were broken. So why was the news reporter standing in front of the police station with a microphone while the police officer was inside calling the FAA?

Police Office: "Hello I would like to report a drone."

FAA: "What the ( Mod Removed)

It sounds like this news station is literally struggling to find news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bill combs
I’ve lived in Maine, specifically in Bangor in my military days (1990s). Bangor is much larger than Gorham. I find it extremely unlikely a police response in such a short time unless the Beaver **** Bar was just down the road. And that means the cop had to vacate his barstool. Most likely it was just a simple mistake on the lady’s part. She probably saw a moose and mistook it for a potential suitor from the bar and had love ❤️ in her eyes. Remember, it’s Maine, “Ya can’t git thair from he-ir!”

Reactions: xspwhite
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78