DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Man Falls to Death Trying to Retrieve Crashed Drone

The drone of course is not worth anyone's life, its possible that the pilot thought they could retrieve it, and they could not, tragic no matter what...

So sad and tragic . . . I went to google earth to see that area and it is truly beautiful. I can see why he was flying there. A nice scenic corridor over the river. I assume he wanted the footage off the SD Card . . . 😞. Just terrible.

Reactions: Rudiger
Yes a beautiful area. I have driven that road many times. They filmed a BMW commercial there a number of years ago.

It is also questionable if it is even legal to fly there as it is part of the US National Park Service Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River corridor.

Can't help wondering what drone he had. It'd be even more tragic if it was just a Mini 2 or another drone of considerably small value. I'm not saying it'd have been worth it for, say, a Mavic 3 but I can't help thinking that he must've seen the risks and to accept them for something like a Mini would leave me shaking my head.

Happened almost 2 weeks ago but I just noticed this. This stretch of winding road known as the Hawk's Nest is high above the Delaware River and is very scenic. Hard to imagine that a drone is worth your life.

If the location was known, it might have been feasible to return with another drone fitted with a release line to try to capture the crashed unit, using a weighted large fish hook and monitoring the pickup using the “camera down” mode and digital video zoom. I would have considered that option on a calm day, but certainly nothing leading to a potentially fatal fall. Sincere condolences to the pilot’s wife. It will be a very difficult time for the family - all for a replaceable drone and its repeatable footage. 🌹🌹🌹

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13