DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping app

DutchAZ

Reactions
Anyone have a idea if there is a app to use with mavic pro to map a property . ?

You can find some mapping apps here.

Like dji GS Pro? Apple store ?

There are numerous: Drone Deploy, Map Pilot, Pix4D, DJI Groundstation Pro, Autopilot, Precisionflight ...

Reactions: DutchAZ
There are numerous: Drone Deploy, Map Pilot, Pix4D, DJI Groundstation Pro, Autopilot, Precisionflight ...

Hi there, so has there been a consensus which seems "best"? I've been comparing observations made and haven't come up with the answer yet....thank you!

What are you going to do with the images captured?
You might have seen that the processing of the images on their servers involves cost (some more, some less)

For me, MapsMadeEasy is it.

Oops - you're right -- I should've mentioned that ; )

I'm interested in offering this service to surveyors and architects --

Are you offering this as a service, or is it just for your personal use?

Thanks for your feedback!

Cool!

And all you use is MapsMadeEasy -- did you choose it because of the "pay as you go" or because of the quality?

I'm in France (but I'm not French -- well 1/2)

Are your clients surveryors and architects or large contractors? Have you been doing it for long?

Not to worry if you don't want to answer.

@AMO - Yes, the pay as you go is one of them. But sometimes i have to use other apps, depending on the clients needs.

Image quality is derived from the camera/lens you are using, the altitude you are flying and a few more...

I started in the mapping thing two years ago with the Inspire 1 Pro and i am using now the M200/X4s/X5s.
My customers are mainly farmers around here.

Best wishes from Germany :)

What are you going to do with the images captured?
You might have seen that the processing of the images on their servers involves cost (some more, some less)

For me, MapsMadeEasy is it.
Hi there,

I was wondering if you know how I can figure out how to import the info from MME into ArchiCAD? The people at MME don't/can't seem to help, and I'm having a really really hard time finding tuts....

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

Andrée

how to import the info from MME into ArchiCAD?
As i do not know what the requirements of ArchiCAD are, i can only make an assumption:

1) Fly your mission with aircraft.
2) Import all the images from step 1 into your preferred Map processing app such as MME,
DroneDeploy or PIX4D.
3) In that environment (i.e. MME web front end) create a point cloud and after completion,
4) export this into a XYZ or a LAS file.
5) Import XYZ or LAS (point cloud) into ArchiCAD.

I have no clue what ArchiCAD's requirements are to import above mentioned files.

You should contact the guys at ArchiCAD to find out what import methods / file types are necessary to create your desired output.

Many thanks Keule for your assistance -- I'll try to figure it out with this.

I created a PointCloud and imported into ArchiCAD - but all I see is a thin line... not a 3D image...
So hopefully your method will resolve this.

Again, I appreciate your help - apologies for the delayed response, too much soccer to watch this past weekend!

Cheers

As i do not know what the requirements of ArchiCAD are, i can only make an assumption:

1) Fly your mission with aircraft.
2) Import all the images from step 1 into your preferred Map processing app such as MME,
DroneDeploy or PIX4D.
3) In that environment (i.e. MME web front end) create a point cloud and after completion,
4) export this into a XYZ or a LAS file.
5) Import XYZ or LAS (point cloud) into ArchiCAD.

I have no clue what ArchiCAD's requirements are to import above mentioned files.

You should contact the guys at ArchiCAD to find out what import methods / file types are necessary to create your desired output.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25