DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Married Man Pro Tip: Mavic "Replacement Fund"

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
We all know the day where a crash, firmware update :p, or other mishap will necessitate getting a replacement Mavic. This is often causes problems, not only of the financial nature, but also in the marital arena.

SOLUTION:
Start a Mavic replacement fund

PROCEDURE:
1. Whenever you are buying groceries, gas, etc in an establishment that sells gift cards, buy a gift card for where ever you buy from (Amazon, Ebay) for a nominal amount ($5-$20). Destroy the receipt. :D

2. Repeat step 1 forever until you need to replace your Mavic. :eek:

3. If you need to replace, use the procured cards, and have it shipped to the office or collect it at the depot. The Missus is none the wiser. :cool:
----

That's it! It's a win-win-win!
:p:p:p:p:p

My fund was $60 and I'm covered for a year. If you are in the US you may wanna look into state Farm for insurance.

Reactions: frankj64155
Just play around with a more expensive hobby for awhile then go back to the Mavic . I went from racing motorcycles to flying drones as a hobby so my wife is totally on board . The Mavic cost about the same as two sets of tires for a weekend at the track and we won't even discuss the $$ saved in crashing :)

Just play around with a more expensive hobby for awhile then go back to the Mavic . I went from racing motorcycles to flying drones as a hobby so my wife is totally on board . The Mavic cost about the same as two sets of tires for a weekend at the track and we won't even discuss the $$ saved in crashing :)

Love this. HAHAHAHA

Good idea on those gift cards on replacement.
Any ideas how I can work a phantom 4 pro or whatever is the next great release is past the wife !
Maybe add up all those shoes she buys

My wife would get suspicious if I started asking to do the grocery shopping!

Go MGTOW!

My fund was $60 and I'm covered for a year. If you are in the US you may wanna look into state Farm for insurance.
Is the StateFarm insurance separate or part of your homeowners insurance ? I wonder how making a 500 dollar claim on a homeowners policy might affect your future claims / renewability ?

Is the StateFarm insurance separate or part of your homeowners insurance ? I wonder how making a 500 dollar claim on a homeowners policy might affect your future claims / renewability ?

It is a separate Policy call "Personal Property Insurance"
This is what they need to insure it

1. Bill of Sale or Copy of Purchase receipt
2. Serial #
3. Your Mailing Address, DOB, Drivers License #
4. Purpose of Drone - Commercial/Personal
5. Weight of Drone including any payload

Any claim will not have an effect on your Home Owners policy, most home owners policies will cover your liability only if you are flying recreationally but will not cover property loss.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329