DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew has their Air 2S propellers available now

That's an awesome link you sent me and I thank you for it. unfortunately these were tests done at 2016, with a different shape and bigger propeller. Furthermore, they were tested against other third-party RC propellers.

I'm not doubting that they sell quality products, that is clear to see. I'm just doubting the fact that an OEM which was extensively tested would leave such room for improvements and consequently more profit.
That's the thing. They don't extensively test them. That's what MAS does. It's kind of like vehicles. Manufacturers get it out there and don't tune them to perfection. Example: My Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins came from the factory with 325 HP and got about 17 MPG. I tuned it with an aftermarket tuner and now it's pushing approximately 127 more HP and now I get 22 MPG. The after market companies like MAS dial it in.

That's the thing. They don't extensively test them. That's what MAS does. It's kind of like vehicles. Manufacturers get it out there and don't tune them to perfection. Example: My Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins came from the factory with 325 HP and got about 17 MPG. I tuned it with an aftermarket tuner and now it's pushing approximately 127 more HP and now I get 22 MPG. The after market companies like MAS dial it in.
True, that is a great analogy and I'll give you points for that.

In a similar manner, It'd be awesome if someone could grab .DAT files/data in a fairly controlled environment. That would be the most easily attainable albeit concrete proof.

Reactions: Tufargon
True, that is a great analogy and I'll give you points for that.

In a similar manner, It'd be awesome if someone could grab .DAT files/data in a fairly controlled environment. That would be the most easily attainable albeit concrete proof.
Sure, but for me I'm just happy that it flies as well as the OEM props. My biggest thing is the sound. That lower pitch/tone is so much easier on the ears and make the props worth the money for that alone. All other things don't really interest me personally.
Edit: There have been a few videos that compare the two and It seems the only real difference is the sound difference.

Last edited:
Well I hate to disappoint but I did out of curiosity email them this morning asking if they had documentation for the props. The reply they sent me was not what I was expecting from a company such as MAS. Maybe secrets they don't care to share noidea.gif

"Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately we don't have such documentation publicly available. However, there are a few youtube video reviews of respected content creators, you can check those out.
Kind regards,

MAS Team"

Reactions: Tufargon
Well I hate to disappoint but I did out of curiosity email them this morning asking if they had documentation for the props. The reply they sent me was not what I was expecting from a company such as MAS. Maybe secrets they don't care to share View attachment 133805

"Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately we don't have such documentation publicly available. However, there are a few youtube video reviews of respected content creators, you can check those out.
Kind regards,

MAS Team"
The video you posted of Russ's review I think was spot on. No real difference except sound.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I agree with others thoughts. I bought a pair. Easy to install, like the OEM props. I like the sound pitch. I'm not sure it's any quieter, but it's less noticeable. At about 80-90 feet, I don't hear them at all. I'm not noticing extended flight time or performance, but there are so many variables it would be hard to quantify. I'm glad I bought them, and when I emailed them a question they got back to me within the hour. Quite unlike DJI support.

Anyone having problems with Hummingbirds attacking your drone now that your running these props. Was out this morning and the little buggers were all over my Air 2S. Don't want them to get hurt but at the same time don't want one to take out my drone by hitting a prop. :eek:

Not trying to be disrespectful, as a matter of fact I'm on the verge of ordering them myself SOLELY due to the colors but these statistics seem bland and have no proof. I'd love to see controlled environment tests.

if DJI themselves which built the drone with a team of engineers and such could get a minute more flight time, faster top speed, less weight AND charge 25$ more for it, why didn't they?

Why DJI didn't come up with a stealth prop themselves and sell it like water to Air 2/Air 2S owners?
I dont think there is much difference other than pitch. The stated improvements are so close that if tested in a lab they would be within tolerance. If they claimed half the sound and twice the speed it would be obvious if they were wrong. 1-2MPH in sport and 1 minute more flying, yea I think we get the idea. DJI did a great job with the original props. I bought my set because they make the drone a bit easier to spot (have them on my Air 2 in orange) and they are a bit less noticeable while in flight and nearby. Forget the detail in the specs, buy if you like based on color. I have a set in red coming for my Air 2S because I think the color will be nice.

Mine is in!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu