DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MASTER AIRSCREW messing up.

Based on all the feedback here and on the fact that tomorrow it will be three weeks since I paid for the propellers and they still did not ship them, I decided to cancel my order. Obviously there is no cancel button on their website, why would there be, but I sent them a message. Let’s see if they at least get this part right...

Just posted my review. Please let me know if any of you have experienced this issue!

I had them in the shopping cart but took them out BEFORE watching your video due to the feed back here on the Forum.

After watching your video, I'm glad I did.

I have been flying my Spark for quite a while with MAS props and had no problems.

I'll wait a little longer and see if this is cleared up with time before ordering.

Reactions: Tufargon
Truly surprised this quality came out of a Master Airscrew branded box. I don't have them fitted to my MA2, still using the standard props and see no reason to change. But I do have them on many of my fixed wing RC stuff and consider them the go to product. Well made, well finished, balanced in the factory and efficient airfoils.

Wow, that really escalated quickly. I’ve bought stealth props for my Spark, MA1 and M2P. I had some issues with the quality of the M2P props tips. I wrote MAS and they promptly replaced them for me. I didn’t order MA2 props. Honestly, I didn’t notice a difference in M2P performance after the switch over. I think DJI has this dialed in at this point. Let’s give them a chance to respond before we all climb on this bandwagon and pull out the torches and pitchforks. They’re a pretty well regarded company and deserve a little respect during COVID, weekends, bad batches or instant gratification societies.

Last edited:
I received a reply from MA today:

“First of all, thank you for sharing this thread on the Mavicpilots forum.

My colleagues have acknowledged this issue for some of our props and are already replacing some equipment to fix this. It's also the reason we have some delay in shipping now which should be solved by the end of the week.

Please feel free to post this reply on the forum as well, so people are informed on time.”

Based on all the feedback here and on the fact that tomorrow it will be three weeks since I paid for the propellers and they still did not ship them, I decided to cancel my order. Obviously there is no cancel button on their website, why would there be, but I sent them a message. Let’s see if they at least get this part right...
Yeah, so an update on this... THREE WEEKS after me paying and them not shipping the products, I email them and say cancel my order, i don't want it anymore, I've had enough. You ignored all my emails enquiring about the delay, now I see all these quality issues, please cancel and refund. 24 hours later what do they do? Well, of course, they ship it. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Received my MAS order this morning that was placed before christmas
for MA2 props. I've got all the same BAD issues that other people have
mentioned previously ie terrible quality and drone is vibrating and moving
about while idling on the floor as in 51 drones video he posted earlier.
i have emailed MAS so wait to see what they come back with.

Reactions: Leckhart
I ordered mine just before Christmas, based on all the positive comments I had read about them. Haven't received them yet, but these posts are alarming, and I'm pretty sure mine will have issues also. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just received my Orange props from MA yesterday with the same "edge flash" as everyone else is seeing. I've sent feedback to MA via their web site and hope to get a reply and replacements. Has anyone considered lightly sanding the edges to remove the flash? I'm not suggesting we accept poor quality, just wondering if it would make them usable if MA doesn't want them back. I've compared the MA to the OEM props from DJI and it's day & night as far as edge quality.
1610467766412.png
1610467813116.png
1610468181724.png

WOW. Sadly because they use to be a good brand.

I finally got an email from MAS, let see what happens, they also said they will replace the props I got with flashing, ill keep you all updated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-12 150130.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-12 150130.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 44
I just received my Orange props from MA yesterday with the same "edge flash" as everyone else is seeing. I've sent feedback to MA via their web site and hope to get a reply and replacements. Has anyone considered lightly sanding the edges to remove the flash? I'm not suggesting we accept poor quality, just wondering if it would make them usable if MA doesn't want them back. I've compared the MA to the OEM props from DJI and it's day & night as far as edge quality.
View attachment 121562
View attachment 121563
View attachment 121564

You got nice clean props, same like mine. Mine do not vibrate/rotate and hover perfectly.

Did you even try them on your drone before making this post? If they don't vibrate/rotate like 51Drone posted, then you have good props.

Photos of my props are attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4823.JPG
    IMG_4823.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4824.JPG
    IMG_4824.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: Leckhart
Holy smokes : Got a reply back from Master Screw :
Screenshot 01-12-2021 15.30.50.jpg There still with us. lol

Hi all
I have posted my pics somewhere above....
So, last Friday I have emailed them about my props... I also called (left msg).
TODAY...
I called again and got a lady on the phone ( should have remembered her name by I don't.
Anyway, I have explained to her about my problem and about my call and email.
She apologized AND I got an email back with usps tracking number for a new set of props.

I have not used this place and have to say that I agree with 51 drones... he did say that it is unusual for Master Airscrew to have problems and he did state that he is sure that M.A. will stay behind there products and will get it fixed.
I checked USPS

Tracking number generated
Stay calm and safe...
Happy new year all

I

Last edited:
I finally got an email from MAS, let see what happens, they also said they will replace the props I got with flashing, ill keep you all updated.
Yes, I just got that email as well. I ordered just before the end of the year. I started reading about the quality control issues and watched Russ's video on 51 Drones. I chalked the delay up to the fact that they discovered the issue, and are "re-tooling", hence the delays now in shipping. Then I got the email, and that even more so has me believing the delay is due to QC.

I have never flown their props before, but based on what I saw on other Mavic's they look to be great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN