DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 batteries

kurtkak

Reactions
My newer Mavic battery’s all of a sudden stopped working, saying to make sure it’s a dji battery. I believe they are dji. Has anyone had this happen to them and is there anything I can do?

Did you buy the batteries from DJI?

I believe they are dji.
If you post photos showing the front and back of the battery, we can help you determine if they are OEM DJI batteries.

Reactions: old man mavic
If you post photos showing the front and back of the battery, we can help you determine if they are OEM DJI batteries.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Looks good.

Does that message continue to appear after restarting your drone? Do you have all available firmware updates installed?

You can check the number of "cycles" your Batterys have gone thru by checking in the APP. For my Air 2S batteries ( for Example) I get an average of 200 cycles before they die WITH GOOD CARE. If your numbers are close its time for them to go ( You Should seriously consider saving the cases and not actually throwing out the battery. IF they are indeed newer and they have stopped working they have probably been subjected to Heat OR the biggest reason for dead Batteries --Someone has stored them for too long fully charged or not charged at all-- (Both BAD ) no matter what they say about self discharging.

You can check the number of "cycles" your Batterys have gone thru by checking in the APP. For my Air 2S batteries ( for Example) I get an average of 200 cycles before they die WITH GOOD CARE. If your numbers are close its time for them to go ( You Should seriously consider saving the cases and not actually throwing out the battery. IF they are indeed newer and they have stopped working they have probably been subjected to Heat OR the biggest reason for dead Batteries --Someone has stored them for too long fully charged or not charged at all-- (Both BAD ) no matter what they say about self discharging.
The drone needs to be switched on to read the charge count via the app, with dead batteries it would be impossible.
That said and it would be a bit tedious, if the OP processes their txt flight logs with csvview
the side window shows
a) the charge count against "batteryLoopNum" and
b) the battery serial number against "RECOVER:batterySn".
EDIT forgot
c) the battery "production date" against "batteryProductDate"

This would perhaps be the quickest way to process the logs for themself and to get this info for free.

You can read the charge count from the csv down loaded from
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
but there is a 10 logs per 2 days or similar, with that.

Airdata can give counts but I think they are based on the number of times AIrdata has detected the battery being charged.

Alternatively and if it is permissable to say so, if the OP PM's me logs I can run my log book program on them and should be able to get the charge counts with one single program run.
This was one of the things it was designed 'cobbled together' to do.

If it is not permissible to offer that, then would a mod either tell me and I will delete the offer or would they delete the relevant bits of this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Is the OP looking for battery cycles? It sounds like he's trying to resolve an "invalid DJI battery" message.

I thought he was wanting to Revive the dead battery somehow, or was wondering how they died so quickly, and if he had DJI batteries and not clones.

Last edited:
Is the OP looking for battery cycles? It sounds like he's trying to resolve an "invalid DJI battery" message.
I don't know but I see no reference to "invalid DJI battery" other than the one you have just made, am I missing it?

I don't know but I see no reference to "invalid DJI battery" other than the one you have just made, am I missing it?
Check out the first post above. The OP stated he's seeing a message prompting to "make sure it’s a dji battery".

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
@kurtkak can you post a screenshot/photo so we can see the exact message?

Have you just done any firmware updates on the drone?
If not, don't......for the moment.

Just to be clear, have ALL these batteries previously worked in the drone?

When was the last time they were used or charged, do they charge NOW?
Post #1 implies you have older batteries, if correct does the drone still work with those older batteries?

Can you post good clear photos of the connectors in the drone and batteries?

Last edited:
My newer Mavic battery’s all of a sudden stopped working, saying to make sure it’s a dji battery. I believe they are dji. Has anyone had this happen to them and is there anything I can do?
There has been a few reports on the drone not able to connect properly to the battery.
Often it is because of dirt or debris in some of the contacts on the battery.
Since you get this message with other batteries the problem could be with the drone. Try cleaning the battery contacts in the drone with some alcohol.
If possible try the batteries in another drone if you have access to one.

Reactions: Starz
Have you just done any firmware updates on the drone?
If not, don't......for the moment.

Just to be clear, have ALL these batteries previously worked in the drone?

When was the last time they were used or charged, do they charge NOW?
Post #1 implies you have older batteries, if correct does the drone still work with those older batteries?

Can you post good clear photos of the connectors in the drone and batteries?
They used to work now they don’t, I have other batteries that work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54